Show Us Your SMF!

H-DB

Enthusiast
Here is my SMF site. I started it in November 2013. It uses ezPortal, SMFHacks Gallery Pro, SMFHacks Global Headers and Footers, SMFHacks Ad Management, SMFHacks Contact Page, SMFHacks Staff Page, Tapatalk, Like IPB Theme by SMF Tricks (a responsive theme) and Stop Spammer.

It is a Harley Davidson forum. I moderated a 70,000 member Harley Davidson forum for 4 years and decided I could build my own.

Follow the link and let me know what you think...

http://hdbitchin.com

Alundra

SMF Friend
I LOVE your forums look H-DB!! :D Fantastic job!

I would suggest you consider using tyres or perhaps a bike doing a wheeley for your on off icons (flat or faded tyre for off, pumped and bright for on....bike on stand for off, bike doing wheeley for on!) :D

H-DB

Enthusiast
I LOVE your forums look H-DB!! :D Fantastic job!

I would suggest you consider using tyres or perhaps a bike doing a wheeley for your on off icons (flat or faded tyre for off, pumped and bright for on....bike on stand for off, bike doing wheeley for on!) :D
Thanks! I like your suggestion for the icons.

PhilCanavan

Aspirant
I just need to remove the , in between child board and i'll look much better...shame I can't remember which file it was as edited it 3 days ago haha!

Alundra

SMF Friend
That's excellent!!

You'll need to look at boardindex.template.php for the little comma I expect :D.

Also maybe change this file: /images/custom/header.png to be 130px high, it's 20px off :). (either expand it 20px down and make the gap the same colour as the last pixel or change the image size and have the whole thing stretch).

You're doing great :D. If you want a better logo you can look on Fiverr.com or even use the community here, the graphics section here is really great! :D

PhilCanavan

Aspirant
I user fiverr for my YouTube intro video. Great service.

I know what I want for the logo but my Photoshop skills arent that good to give it the wow factor haha so Ill post in graphics forums later as well as possible forum specific icons if it works out. :)

PhilCanavan

Aspirant
Is having steam rss news a good idea or does it give false activity in terms of posts? I could replace it with another forum.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Is having steam rss news a good idea or does it give false activity in terms of posts? I could replace it with another forum.

I don't think there's a yes or no answer to that. If the RSS feed comprises of a line of text and a link that takes your members away from your forum it's of dubious value. If on the other hand the feed gives you a wealth of properly formatted text and images that are relevant to your niche then it might well attract new members via a search and add to the general activity of your forum.

Alundra

SMF Friend
What's your end goal exactly? You might find a recent posts list more effective :).

PhilCanavan

Aspirant
It gives text, price info, image and more. It do
What's your end goal exactly? You might find a recent posts list more effective :).

Once the website is up and running about Steam Achievements, each game will link to the forums for it's own discussion topics. Around that on the forums will be general steam talk from games, apps, badges, trading, etc, etc. The news section pulls news direct from the Steam Blog in which members can respond to. Not only do posts have content, it creates posts. I have RSS set to 5 posts every 12hours so not to flood the forums.