Show us your IPS Communities!

Maddox

Habitué
Craigles700 are you using a theme at all? I ask because sometimes themes change the default font and size. If you're just on the standard default theme then I'll take a look tomorrow as I'm closing down for the night and I'll get back to you; in the meantime let me have your site address and I'll look at what's in there. If you don't want to post it in here, send me a PM.

As an aside I've had to mix it with the CSS that I previously mentioned as it was a right old mess on FF and Edge, also (as always with CSS) you get something looking the way you want and throws something else out of canter, so I've had to be a little inventive and add some additional custom CSS and change a few templates.

;)

Craigles700

Enthusiast
Craigles700 are you using a theme at all? I ask because sometimes themes change the default font and size. If you're just on the standard default theme then I'll take a look tomorrow as I'm closing down for the night and I'll get back to you; in the meantime let me have your site address and I'll look at what's in there. If you don't want to post it in here, send me a PM.

As an aside I've had to mix it with the CSS that I previously mentioned as it was a right old mess on FF and Edge, also (as always with CSS) you get something looking the way you want and throws something else out of canter, so I've had to be a little inventive and add some additional custom CSS and change a few templates.

;)
I think we got it. The site is here.

Craigles700

Enthusiast
I like the colors
good idea for a forum/community btw...
do you hike often, are you able to put up pix and commentary regularly of your hiking?

:)

gogo
I try to get out at least once a week. Life gets in the way sometimes. I blog each of my hikes. Just trying to get more members.

Thanks for the kind words!

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
I try to get out at least once a week. Life gets in the way sometimes. I blog each of my hikes. Just trying to get more members.

Thanks for the kind words!

Posting regularly about something you're doing is your product. That's going to be the number one reason I would think that folks would come by... for your commentary, remarks, points of view...
Forums need products to sell themselves to communities.
Either they offer companionship, or members to play games with, knowledge to solve games with or insight into questions...the list of products is endless.
looks like you've got your "product" .. keep it up, never stop... you'll find your members
:)

gogo

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
Just... curious. Anybody have examples of photography based forums using IPS? I'm really curious to see what they're doing for a landing/portal/home page utilizing IPS.

Poking through this thread I came across Oblivion State but not much else that was targeted towards the topic.

Thomas P

MCSEboard.de Staff
https://www.mcseboard.de - Windows Server & IT Pro Community.

Founded Nov. 2000 we are on IPB since Dec. 2012. Before that we were on UBB > UltraBoard > vB 2 beta and later on vB3.
As already said somewhere else: We converted and upgraded a lot and still keep the very first post online.

.Kyle

Participant
One more board that has died very soon.
Unfortunately we've been having issues with the host whereby we're unable to use much of the site because of their server disk space being so low on space. (Can't even access the Admin CP) We've been trying to get the site fixed because bothering to advertise or get it properly launched. Nobdoy wants a launched site with issues, it's best to correct such issues before properly re-launching.

Reactions: \o/

.Kyle

Participant
I see that it's back. So which hoster should we avoid? :D
Definitely avoid these few:
  • AsuraHosting
  • BlueHost
  • SiteGround
  • A2Hosting
From personal experience I've had nothing but issues with these 4.

.Kyle

Participant
So I've been thinking about setting up a game server or two to aid in the "promotion" of Unified Gaming (my site). Can anyone give any advice, suggestions/recommendations of games to support a game server with?

Oldcrow

Enthusiast
My forum is Ronald's Arcade https://ronaldsarcade.com/

Been running the older IPB version 3.4.9 with the older version Arcade ibProArcade 5.3.0

Just last week we did a upgrade to IPB 4.4.9 and installed the newest Arcade version: ipsProArcade1.0.0RC5

I have 32,018 games installed, some are Flash and some are the newest HTML5 games. I will be converting the flash games to HTML5 before the end of 2020, that is when Flash games will no longer work, adobe flash is stopping.

I have 123 members
Stop by play a game or two.

Ron.