Show Us Your ElkArte!

radu81

Fan
Seeing that every forum software has this kind of topic I think is a good idea to open one for ElkArte

So, show us your forum powered by Elkarte!

Phillip

The Priest
I start first skodaclub.it

converted last week from smf and I'm really glad with this conversion ;)

Loving the colors you picked for this, also nice topic starter for it. ElkArte has really came a long way and has really improved the SMF coding.

Last edited:

Phillip

The Priest
Not really fully ready yet but sure why not
:ninja:

www.shootingsilver.com

Still a lot of work to be done, and unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances I'm slower adding content then I would have liked.
No members as yet but I'm still working on it.

Not bad at all. I was looking at the style and the search form looked a bit out of place.

Code:
#search_form {
padding: 15px 15px 15px 0;
margin: 15px auto 5px auto;
background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #ddd, #bbb);
border-radius: 10px;
box-shadow: 0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,.4) inset, 0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,.2);
}

margin: 2px auto 5px auto; It will line up perfectly if you want it like that.

davemacc

Fan
Not bad at all. I was looking at the style and the search form looked a bit out of place.

Code:
#search_form {
}

I'll give that a go, the style is lattice, I didn't build it myself.
I've been meaning to start customizing it myself but I have been in hospital and haven't really been up to doing anything more then adding some content as often as possible.

Phillip

The Priest
I'll give that a go, the style is lattice, I didn't build it myself.
I've been meaning to start customizing it myself but I have been in hospital and haven't really been up to doing anything more then adding some content as often as possible.

Oh wow. Well, take your time with it. I was looking at it and it gives the style a more solid look. :)

ai.imgur.com_NZJIlVF.png

That's with the same change in the coding.

davemacc

Fan
Oh wow. Well, take your time with it. I was looking at it and it gives the style a more solid look. :)

View attachment 32908

That's with the same change in the coding.

It does look better:tup:

I'll definitely look at getting to that.
Really want to fix the logo as well, same image but change the way the font looks and get rid of the black background on it.
Have to make a favicon for it as well.

Last edited:

Phillip

The Priest
It does look better:tup:

I'll definitely look at getting to that.
Really want to fix the logo as well, same image but change the way the font looks and get rid of the black background on it.

Just take your time with it. I could see a lot going for your site.

davemacc

Fan

Code:
#search_form {
}

Been trying to find the piece of code ti edit but haven't been able to yet, could you tell me which file I should be looking in, I've found loads of references to the search button but none look like the boxed code here. I'm new to HTML/css so any help is appreciated.

Just take your time with it. I could see a lot going for your site.
Thanks, the site is starting to see a bit of traffic, and I did get a member:), now I just have to keep him.

radu81

Fan
I'm pretty sure you will get an answer on elkarte.net. This is is just a topic to show us your board powered by elkarte

Phillip

The Priest
Been trying to find the piece of code ti edit but haven't been able to yet, could you tell me which file I should be looking in, I've found loads of references to the search button but none look like the boxed code here. I'm new to HTML/css so any help is appreciated.

Yeah, you could ask on elkarte, it's all like SMF but you know how that goes in the end. I'll see what I can find with view elments and see where it's located from there.

http://shootingsilver.com/themes/Lattice/css/_light/index_light.css is where it's located at. Search "search_form" in a notepad.

So in filezilla or whatever you use, find that path.