Show me Your Woltlab Burning board

tbofram

That cool member
Hello everyone. I’m not sure how many people here on TAZ use Woltlab Burning Boards (i guess hardly any) but hopefully in the near future there will be more (in version 3.2.x they plan on giving tapatalk support) and i would like too see some of the stats of the boards here at taz that use WBB (Woltlab Burning Boards). so ya show us your stats and use the following layout (it just keeps it all simple)

Name of forum:

Link too forum:

Last edited:

adbrad

Habitué
Why not just have them post the link to the forum then you can see the stats.
i think the majority of tazers use ipb/vb/xen.

tbofram

That cool member
i guess. ok just for you i will edit it :) and ya your right about the software exept i think most of it is either VB or mybb

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
Why not just have them post the link to the forum then you can see the stats.

The purpose of the "Post your forum with stats" threads is so you can brag about how much your forum has grown since the last time you posted it. Not that I'm agreeing with those kind of threads though.

tbofram

That cool member
so really i should have kept the first post as it was (it had all the normal stat showoff bits)

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
I'd say "could have", not "should have" these threads are basically just for self promotion to begin with, I don't really think it's necessary to bring bragging into it.

tbofram

That cool member
i guess. i will keep it as it is. i didn't really make it for bragging purposes anyway so i guess i will just leave it up too everyone too how they do it :)

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Good God, I think I'm the first to post a wBB forum. :p

http://fanficfans.com

Here you go, everyone!

I'm not too familiar with Burning Board...
I don't know if I'm a fan of all that green ((no seriously - I'm fond of some green - money being one lol)) but your forum does look quite nice. Looks like a Burning Board is a decent script.

J.

AlexTuesday

Enthusiast
I'm not too familiar with Burning Board...
I don't know if I'm a fan of all that green ((no seriously - I'm fond of some green - money being one lol)) but your forum does look quite nice. Looks like a Burning Board is a decent script.

J.

Thanks - there are two other variations of the theme, blue and red as well. Perhaps one of those looks better? I was going to use blue, but my only competitor uses blue, so I wasn't sure about that.

PoetJC

Thanks - there are two other variations of the theme, blue and red as well. Perhaps one of those looks better? I was going to use blue, but my only competitor uses blue, so I wasn't sure about that.

I just surfed to your forum again after visiting your logo request thread. Personally, I think the red theme is best overall - the blue 2nd and then the green. But that's just my personal opinion LOL. The forum looks good though!

J.

AdamD

Devotee
Great looking forum Alex, I agree with Poet, the red is my favourite.
But the green and blue look good as well.

AlexTuesday

Enthusiast
Thanks for the feedback - I'm using the red theme myself, perhaps I'll switch that to the default theme then.

Sherrie

Fan
I think the difference with the red compared to the blue/green is that the background isn't as distracting.

Do you find it easy to restyle?

AlexTuesday

Enthusiast
I think the difference with the red compared to the blue/green is that the background isn't as distracting.

I am considering changing some of the backgrounds, I'll have another look perhaps.

I did find restyling not that hard, the theme I'm using now is actually a premium theme I bought, then I just changed the background.

Working with the code is fairly easy, but I find it's a bit difficult to find WHICH files you need to edit.

PoetJC

Thanks for the feedback - I'm using the red theme myself, perhaps I'll switch that to the default theme then.
I'd definitely make the red theme default.

I prefer green and blue.
Red is too dark.
A testament on the fact that you can't please everybody all the time LOL

My initial impression about the green style is that the background looks like some strang flannel shirt pattern or a picnic table cover. I had a similar reaction to the blue skin. The background textures are a bit too much. The red background is much more subtle, which makes all the difference imo.

J.