Show me Your Woltlab Burning board

andrew3d

Aspirant
It is nice and bright for sure. I like it. Unfortunately, I know almost no German. English is hard enough.

Herzliche Glückwünsche

we_are_borg

Administrator
I have cleaned this topic and removed post that have dead links or edited post and removed the link if more then one link was provided. Some qoutes have been adjusted to but not all please keep this in mind. Please post new link if you have them.

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
Although it is still running WBB 4.1 since I have no use of immediately upgrading and it is still supported, I am pretty proud of what my tiny recreational forum looks like.

http://cod4zone.com/

I just redid all the forums and stuff last night in the span of a couple hours. I think it looks very nice and clean. I honestly think WBB is better than XF but I have not tried XF2 or WBB 5.0 yet. Easier to work with for sure though.

Splinter2

Aspirant
Hello everyone, I'm new here.
I had a minor disaster where my forum went down and the hosting company appears to have gone awol, so I bit the bullet and bought Woltlab Suite and another domain through Godaddy.
I was previously using SMF 2.0.14 which is really easy to use. WoltLab on the other hand has a much steeper learning curve, especially if you don't know anything about CSS etc. Anyway, I'm a PC builder and am very curious about how all this works, which helps a little.
Only put this up on Monday, so it's still a work in progress.
www.argentinaexpats.org

Splinter2

Aspirant
Many thanks for your very kind comment!
One of our members feels it's too manly for her, so I've left one other theme available for members to choose, if they so wish.

\o/

an oddity
I find it amusing how many boards in this thread disappeared soon after being announced here.

haqzore

Devotee
I find it amusing how many boards in this thread disappeared soon after being announced here.
Interesting. I wonder if the lower price of entry vs other paid options contributes to that?

haqzore

Devotee
Unlikely. Licenses don't expire.
Right - but (very simplified) WBB is cheapest of paid to get into - so maybe people consider/plan less & just "wing it" - ultimately leading to a higher ratio of failures.

Licenses may not expire, but hosting/etc does.