Show me Your phpbb

davert

Adherent
Ended up moving to UBB.threads due to problems with phpbb's basic functions - losing posts, screwing up posts, confusing users. Still love phpbb from a skinning and ease of admin perspective! Will stick with UBB at least until SMF comes up with 2.1 (so they should be safe!). I used UBB long long ago at allpar.com, after webbbs, before moving to IPB and then Xenforo.

I forgot to check to make sure UBB had a Wordpress bridge first - and it doesn't.

salem

Adherent
I'm sorry to hear that and good luck with UBB , in fairness I've never had any of those issues with phpBB in ten years or the phpBB2 board prior to that .
The only time I've come across losing a post is when "Post Review" is enabled and the poster hasn't noticed the prompt .
For the record "post Review " is just that i.e. another poster replies to the topic before you submit , a check notice displays giving user a chance to re edit before sending (needs submitted again ) not every one notices and in a fast moving topic or forum PR is probably better not activated .
I think we all realise that any software could confuse the odd member ;)

Jayminee

Aspirant
Lovely looking website and forum...16 years old...wow.
Thank you so much Philip for your kind words, it means a lot to me! This forum is pretty much my lifelong pursuit, so I put a lot of effort into it. I'm glad to hear you liked it. Being on the inside I keep seeing everything that has yet to be improved. :)

Isaiah-Thomas

Neophyte
Gnosticism
Mainly a site based on PHPBB3 to organize personal study notes. At this time studies revolve around Gnosticism, Rabbinical 2nd temple period studies, Apocrypha literature, and Buddhism. The site wasn't really intended for the public but then thought why not share with others who might end trodding down the same path.

Abraham54

Aspirant
E-Bike forum is history - in two months the site did not get members.
The format I had chosen probably was not suited.