Show me Your phpbb

davert

Adherent
Ended up moving to UBB.threads due to problems with phpbb's basic functions - losing posts, screwing up posts, confusing users. Still love phpbb from a skinning and ease of admin perspective! Will stick with UBB at least until SMF comes up with 2.1 (so they should be safe!). I used UBB long long ago at allpar.com, after webbbs, before moving to IPB and then Xenforo.

I forgot to check to make sure UBB had a Wordpress bridge first - and it doesn't.

salem

Adherent
I'm sorry to hear that and good luck with UBB , in fairness I've never had any of those issues with phpBB in ten years or the phpBB2 board prior to that .
The only time I've come across losing a post is when "Post Review" is enabled and the poster hasn't noticed the prompt .
For the record "post Review " is just that i.e. another poster replies to the topic before you submit , a check notice displays giving user a chance to re edit before sending (needs submitted again ) not every one notices and in a fast moving topic or forum PR is probably better not activated .
I think we all realise that any software could confuse the odd member ;)

Jayminee

Neophyte
Lovely looking website and forum...16 years old...wow.
Thank you so much Philip for your kind words, it means a lot to me! This forum is pretty much my lifelong pursuit, so I put a lot of effort into it. I'm glad to hear you liked it. Being on the inside I keep seeing everything that has yet to be improved. :)