Shared Shared hosting?

Fait

Participant
What does everyone think about shared hosting? Is it still good to put a new site on shared hosting?

Uncrowned

Aspirant
Yes, starting on Shared hosting is often the best move. It can take years of building to need a VPS or the like, so why pay more when it isn't doing much.

Nous

Aspirant
Shared hosting is always a good option when starting out. :)

Splinter2

Participant
It also depends on which hosting company you choose. I was with GoDaddy for over ten years on shared and frankly the service has deteriorated very badly in recent times, so I migrated to another hosting company for a vastly improved shared hosting experience.
Choose wisely.
Edit
There are also issues of which MYSQL and other protocols the hosting company supports, so these should be looked at as well.

Last edited:

Uncrowned

Aspirant
It also depends on which hosting company you choose. I was with GoDaddy for over ten years on shared and frankly the service has deteriorated very badly in recent times, so I migrated to another hosting company for a vastly improved shared hosting experience.
Choose wisely.
Edit
There are also issues of which MYSQL and other protocols the hosting company supports, so these should be looked at as well.
Yes! Make sure you end on a Shared Hosting that wants to help your site grow and then upgrade to their higher plans, not ones that simply make money off mass users.