SEO penalty when content is translated & use on a different blog?

Venkatweetz

Aspirant
I want to translate articles from my English language blog with a Blog in the Tamil language. The articles would be translated. Could there be a penalty for duplicate content?

Thank you for your support!

we_are_borg

Administrator
The short answer is no, the reason is that its never 100% except if you a translator to convert that can cause issues.

Optic

Enthusiast
I want to translate articles from my English language blog with a Blog in the Tamil language.
Should be no issue as it sounds like they are two completely different websites...

If you want both language versions on the same website and to benefit from Tamil visitors coming in from Google search you definitely need to follow the Google guidelines zappaDPJ linked above.

I have a blog that is multilingual, primary language is English but each page also has a Japanese version ( with /ja/ ) in the URL (along with translated page navigation, tags, categories), and they link back to each other correctly with hreflang tags so when people search for Japanese keywords those pages show up correctly. Would highly recommend a multilingual plugin in your platform to automate the correct <head> tags and markup for your links to make it work..