SEO for Xenforo 2.1 what is the consenus

DigNap15

Enthusiast
Is there a definitive answer re Search Engine Optimisation for Xenforo 2.1?
I can find very little on SEO for version 2.00
Lots of very old info.
Are there any SEO options for 2.1
Is there a place to enter keywords?
Or do we just rely on the content and Google etc picking it up
What about sitemaps are these relevant today for Xenforo?

l3ta

Participant
XF is optimized for SEO out of the box. You can also do further SEO tweaks in your ACP, which has sitemap, url canonization, Google property, cdn, and meta property options. The consensus according to many SEO checkers I've used is that XF is optimized to the hilt!

DigNap15

Enthusiast
The funny thing is that my forum comes up number 1 in DuckDuckGo
But its not even on the first 5 pages when I search with Google.
But it does feature very well at the bottom of each Google Page where they list related searches.

DigNap15

Enthusiast
Carrying on from my above post...
I submsitted the siteap that Xenforo generates to Google 5 days ago via the Google Search Console.
It has crawled it several times with success and mentions 3,000 urls.
But still not on the main Google Search pages, maybe a few more days?

l3ta

Participant
If I do a Google search for "nzissues," your forum is on the first page. Of course, wut you want is for your site to pop up on the first page whenever someone searches for nz forums and NZ stuff in general. That may take some time, but you already have a few backlinks and a social media acc working for you.

DigNap15

Enthusiast
If I do a Google search for "nzissues," your forum is on the first page. Of course, wut you want is for your site to pop up on the first page whenever someone searches for nz forums and NZ stuff in general. That may take some time, but you already have a few backlinks and a social media acc working for you.
Thanks for that.
I know that my forum is one of the top such forums in New Zealand, but its very new (I got lucky as another big one closed down and I got many of their members)
So you think its just a matter of waiting to get to the first few pages.

l3ta

Participant
Thanks for that.
I know that my forum is one of the top such forums in New Zealand, but its very new (I got lucky as another big one closed down and I got many of their members)
So you think its just a matter of waiting to get to the first few pages.
When it comes to SEO, there are so many things one can do, it can drive you nuts lol. Just keep doing wut you are doing. You already have a good crowd generating content for you. Whatever you do, DON'T DELETE any content to please your host!

Reactions: CJ6