Selling Selling 2 expired licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drastic

Habitué
I have two licenses that expired back in 2015/2016.

Would like to sell them off.

Any takers?

Drastic

Habitué

how much will it cost to upgrade each of those? about $70 each?

I want to make sure the buyer saves a few bucks, otherwise you could just get a new one for $160.

Is there a transfer fee or anything?

Drastic

Habitué
lmao. I absent mindedly forgot to mention these are Xenforo.

wow... how'd that slip my mind...

Chris

Administrator
They would need to be active licenses to be transferred, so please do that before listing them for sale.

Drastic

Habitué
If someone else wants to pay for them to be activated and a few extra to have them transferred, feel free. I'm not paying anything to sell them off tho.

Drastic

Habitué
You will need to reactivate the licenses when you have a buyer, you can not sell your account if XF notice this they can revoke the license.

I have a few active licenses I'm currently using. Only the extra two are being sold off. Closed their sites down years ago.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
I have a few active licenses I'm currently using. Only the extra two are being sold off. Closed their sites down years ago.

The licenses that are being sold need to be active when transfering to someone else. You may not sell your account with your licenses in it thats against Xenforo terms. You can generate a validation token in the customer account so people can see if the license is valid, this way people don’t have to contact you or XF to confirm anything.

Erebus

Neophyte
I would be interested in purchasing one of them if you have one still available. I have been on the forums for a while though this is my first post so naturally I would send payment first for you to activate the license :)

Drastic

Habitué
Guys/Gals, what's the normal going price?

I don't want anyone paying anything more than that. These are extra licenses that haven't been updated in 4-5 years. One even has RM with it.

I am NOT selling my account as I have 2-3 active licenses I am always working with. :)

And what's the process? Can I just tell XF to put them in your account and that's it?

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
The rules are that license needs to be active to be transferred, the validation token (If not active the token will say so and they need to contact XF and ask if active can it be transferred) in your account can be used to verify everything. You make a deal with a buyer he/she can ask conformation from Xenforo. You then make a ticket and give permission for transfer, you need to confirm you lose the use of the license and can’t be used anymore. The buyer is asked to accept the license agreement and after that the license is removed from your account to his/here account, after that the buyer has access to the download. It can take as little as 24 hours to 72 hours for the transfer depending how busy they are and day of the week. Its not a hard process but it takes time to make a deal and transfer.

zappaDPJ

Once you have a buyer, pay to upgrade the licenses @ $55 each + $15 for the Resource Manager and then raise a ticket providing the details of the buyer. I don't recall exactly what details are required but you can get those via the ticket.

I'd say a fair price including the recovery of your upgrade costs would be around $90 to $110 for Xenforo +$25 to $35 for the Resource Manager.

yeswecan

Enthusiast
I'd say a fair price including the recovery of your upgrade costs would be around $90 to $110 for Xenforo

Nobody will pay that price for a used Xenforo licence, because you will have it cheaper, if you buy it new with the ability to sell it later again for around 60-85USD depending on the duration.

Bear in mind that a licence can only be transferred once in its lifetime. So the price you pay now are sunk costs with no way to make money later on again with it.

160 USD new price (f you have more licences already you pay maybe only 130 USD per licence) minus the money you get when you want to resell it.

I doubt that someone takes the risk to buy second hand for 110 just to save 50 bucks and no way to sell it again ;)

Last edited:

zappaDPJ

Nobody will pay that price for a used Xenforo licence

Statistics from another site that exists solely to sell licenses actually says otherwise and I did check before posting. I do agree with the general premise of what you are saying though, perhaps buyers don't realize second hand licenses can't be resold.

Status
Not open for further replies.