Samsung Foldable Phone a flop?

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
hmmm I wouldnt say a flop just yet.. I am sure samsung realised there are going to be issues with this phone since they are really making something never seen before. Maybe skip this version and wait for the next one... :)

having said that... previous issues with other phones people may not be so forgiving.

it does make you wonder though, how the hell do they test these things, because they have so many issues "apparently" after only 2 days.

R0binHood

Habitué
Meh, only looks like nearly every reviewer out there has had problems with them. Nothing to get too bent out of shape over.

zappaDPJ

From what I've read so far some of the phones broke because reviewers removed what looked like a screen tear off which turned out to be part of the design.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Just came to Lol at the thread title. So...
LOL.

J.

R0binHood

Habitué
I had a bendable iPhone when the 6 came out. Bastards charged be £100 to replace it when it bent. Still pissed off about that.

R0binHood

Habitué
Exactly, you can bend every mobile phone once :D

That must be the reason why the Samsung is nearly $2k. They’ve figured out how to increase the limit.

Anton Chigurh

Ultimate Badass
Exactly, you can bend every mobile phone once :D

That must be the reason why the Samsung is nearly $2k. They’ve figured out how to increase the limit.
Either that or they've figured out how to steal from the rich and keep for themselves.

2 grand for a phone. Please.

R0binHood

Habitué
I might consider paying 2 grand for it if it was called the Samsung Galaxy Fap and it could ergonomically fold around my junk and vibrate.

I’d have to get the plus model of course, which is bound to cost even more...sigh...

overcast

Adherent
The way people use phone, I don't think it was ever meant for the success to begin with.

zappaDPJ

I remember when one of the first flat screen TVs came on the market. They were not particular flat, they came with 4 or possibly 8 noisy fans to keep them cool and they cost about $20,000.

Flexible flat screen technology will eventually revolutionise the way we view everything so this expensive, rather creaky first step is still a very important step towards devices that live only in the imagination at the moment.

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
I agree with this ^^.

Anyone (mean people might call them idiots) who buys one of these is paving the way for real foldable screen phones in the next couple of generations. And since that is a technology which will ultimately help our forums by making it easier for mobile users to be good contributors, I say go out there and sell your friends on the idea of buying one of these. (You can always get new friends later.)

zappaDPJ

I think it's fair to say Apple's dominance in technological advancement has stagnated. I'm rather fond of their technology but I like competition and I'm happy to see other companies showing them the way.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
I think it's fair to say Apple's dominance in technological advancement has stagnated. I'm rather fond of their technology but I like competition and I'm happy to see other companies showing them the way.

without apples technology we would be 15 years behind where we are. Jobs was only the hype and idea man he had no clue how to make anything work kind of like my other hero President Donald J. Trump.

Jobs passing is not to blame for the slowing in tech ability just the risks, the company seems to be resting on their laurels they have the exact same ability as before just don't have someone making impossible promises to the world that they have to make happen at all costs