Resource icon

vBulletin Remove Post Edit History (from within postbits) 1.5

No permission to download

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
MarkFL submitted a new resource:

Remove Post Edit History (from within postbits) - Allows you to give certain usergroups the ability to remove post edit histories.

Overview:

This simple mod allows you to give certain usergroups the ability to remove post edit histories via a button to the left of the edit history data. Clicking the button will execute an external script that removes the post's edit history from the database, with a redirect message confirming the action taken. Both the redirect and the button's tooltip are phrased, and can be found by searching in the phrase variable names for "markfl_rpeh".

There is now also...

Read more about this resource...

Stratos

Participant
Except removing post edit history...
Many times we want to edit the text of history without time stamp to change, (admins-mods text)
is there a way that it have an option "EDIT" button to do that :)
Does this make some sense to you?

Thanks

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Except removing post edit history...
Many times we want to edit the text of history without time stamp to change, (admins-mods text)
is there a way that it have an option "EDIT" button to do that :)
Does this make some sense to you?

Thanks

Do you mean you want to be able to change the "edited by" reason without changing the timestamp of the post edit?

Stratos

Participant
Yes, especially when moderators write a reason that can create misunderstanding ;)

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Yes, especially when moderators write a reason that can create misunderstanding ;)

How would the timestamp not reflecting the time the reason was changed alleviate any misunderstanding. I'm not getting why you wouldn't want the timestamp of the reason not to be accurately reflected...:)

Stratos

Participant
Actually problem is my English, I will try to say it again.
Timestamp must not change when we want do edit the history text. (if it has an extra button "EDIT" for history
Timestamp will change if we edit the text of post as supposed to change.

This is the difference, does it sounds ok? :unsure:

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
I'm sorry, Stratos...I'm still not understanding what it is you are wanting to happen. Perhaps if you took a screenshot of what happens, and then edit the image to show what you want to happen, then post both images, that will help me understand...:)

Stratos

Participant
This is the history reason that I do not like if some one of my moderator will write

I want to change the text but it will change the timestamp and something that I forgot it will change the username too. What I mean is if lets say admins can edit some one else history reason without changing the username and timestamp

Sorry for my English :whistle:

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 3