Reading

Andrew

Aspirant
For those who like reading, what is your favorite genre/specific books?

The Sandman

Administrator
Oh man...it depends on the day. I don't remember how many times I've read the Foundation Trilogy (which is *way* more than 3 books). Other re-read favorites are The Physician (Noah Gordon), Pillars of the Earth (Ken Follett), Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove series and Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. I recently read Orson Scott Card's Ender series - the first book rocked but the rest peetered out. And of course the whole line of Ludlum's and Clancy's work. Not to mention some of Steven King's work, favorites being The Stand, The Talisman, and The Dark Tower series - hey isn't the new one out...? :D

Andrew

Aspirant
I myself love fantasy mainly.
-Sword of Truth
-Wheel of Time
-Lord of the Rings
-Dune

I have also written a fantasy story, if anyone is interested in reading them.

Ksilebo

Spork Fiend
Mostly Sci-Fi or Fantasy or a mix. I've read and reread THe Hitchhiker's series over and over, and really liked Ender's Game.

Kathy

Tazmanian Veteran
I go through spurts where I read books by one author like John Grisham or silly fluffy mysteries like "The Chocolate Chip Murders"....Joy Luck Club....

But i have my favorite books of all that i re-read every few years: The Hiding Place or ones about Texas history. (My favorite place in this world). ;)

Ryan Crocker

Participant
I'd have to say, my favorites are programming books. I don't really read much Non-Fiction books, although, I was reading quite a few of the books Brian Jacques wrote, like Mossflower.

Ksilebo

Spork Fiend
Eek, I completely forgot books from Michael Crichton. All the books are at least 97% better than each of the movies. I do wish I had read the books before seeing the movies, as the imagery in my head would have been a lot better than "Hollywood Magic."

wizard1974uk

Tazmanian Gremlin
My favourite is Sci-Fi/Fantasy, although I do read a bunch of other books. I'm currently reading:

Moby Dick - Herman Melville
The Rincewind Trilogy - Terry Pratchett
Jennifer Government - Max Barry

Last edited:

SaintDog

Participant
Been reading Angels & Demons as of late, will follow with The Da Vinci Code since they both seem to be pretty well read and not bad thus far.