RC3 Released!

The Sandman

Administrator
RC3 is now running on vBulletin.com and is available for download. Anyone upgraded yet?

wizard1974uk

Tazmanian Gremlin
I won't be upgrading until friday, my site is down at the moment because my host has moved servers and the DNS hasn't resolved yet.

Anonymous

Habitué
rwaforums said:
I won't be upgrading until friday, my site is down at the moment because my host has moved servers and the DNS hasn't resolved yet.

Take advantage of that downtime. Access your site by IP and make the changes while the members can't get in.

wizard1974uk

Tazmanian Gremlin
noppid said:
Take advantage of that downtime. Access your site by IP and make the changes while the members can't get in.
Don't even know the new ip address. They've had to change IP addresses as well because the list my host were given are being blocked by SPEWS.org.

Last edited:

wizard1974uk

Tazmanian Gremlin
Is there any chance of you uncensoring the word vbulletin? As in the custom user title.

movielad

Enthusiast
Have already upgraded on one forum - is working just fine. Will upgrade the other forum a little later just to judge to see how well things go (and to see if there will be any last minute patches/re-releases in case of major bugs/security concerns).

Regards,

Martyn

TheComputerGuy

Adherent
I love RC3, but then again, I upgraded from Gamma LOL!

Well I am using the default version with a hack to make a frontpage. I don't see too many bugs that havent been confirmed/fixed or labeled bogus. Hopefully Gold or RC4 is coming soon! But well worth the wait, gives me time to work on my new design!

Ogden2k

I'm hoping Gold will be next. And be out this following week... Just in time for my birthday.

jilly

Fan
I'm worried because of my templates...

I went and customized a whole bunch, and didnt keep a good record, and so now I have to download all my changed templates first, and then go in and reapply the changes, so I think I am just going to wait for gold...and comment my changed templates better in the meantime (lol)

floris

Habitué
Nope, not yet :)
I needed to finish my professional style package for rc2 first :)
Working hard on my localhost in a rc3 mirror to get things going before the 31st.
I do hope to upgrade on the 30th and release the rc3 version of the pro style then. So there isn't much of a glitch.

rc3 runs perfect on localhost though :p