Question for photography forums owners

Faust

Enthusiast
Hello.

Just quick question for photography forums owners. Do you have any Copyright Policy on your forum for your users ?

Jim McClain

Senior Citizen
Just quick question for photography forums owners. Do you have any Copyright Policy on your forum for your users ?
I'm not a photo forum owner, but have owed, admined and moderated other types of forums for 20+ years. Copyright laws vary only slightly from one country to another except for a few countries (Russia, China and several others) who don't believe in the rights of any citizen. So, depending on what country you reside in, you must comply with the law of the land. Photos uploaded to your site don't belong to you, they belong to the person who created them, or the entity that owns the rights to them (not always the same). In most cases, you can do what you want with those photos - on your own site - but beyond that, you have to honor the copyrights associated with them.

You strike me as inexperienced in "foruming." I think it is very difficult to become successful at forum operation if you don't have a good grasp of forum administration. Like posting threads in the appropriate forum (i.e. this topic, which isn't "chit-chat" as much as it is a legal issue better suited to a forum that specializes in those types of forum issues - maybe https://www.theadminzone.com/#the-community-zone.202 would have been a better starting point).

And just a little pet peeve of mine: "Just quick question..." Yeah, technically your question was quick, but there's no such thing as a quick answer on a forum. At least you better hope not. It's a forum discussion, not a private conversation between 2 people. You better hope any topic posted will generate a good number of well thought out replies. Sure, you can count on a few short (quick?) replies, like the obvious answer to your question: "Yes". If you really think discussions will be quick/short on your forum, them maybe you need to spend more time on other forums, especially on other photography forums.