Question about the user count

Sibilant

Neophyte
I just recently switched to phpBB. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it was a quick and easy option for me when my former system broke. It will work well enough while I search for and implement a new system. Or maybe I'll like phpBB.

Anyway, I slowed down bot/spammer registrations by going to the Q&A countermeasure. Only one person (a legitimate user) has joined since then. Let's say he was the 150th to join. Even though supposedly no one has joined since then, the count on the member list keeps increasing. It's now at 160, and yet this same guy is still listed as the last to join.

The only explanation I can think of is the email verfication. Perhaps they didn't validate the account for a few days. So they've recently done that, bumping the counter up, but they are listed on the member list by the date/time that they filled out the registration form. Am I correct, or is there something else going on?

If I'm correct about my guess, is there a way to put a time limit on the email verification, or a way of seeing who has registered but not yet verified?

Thanks

salem

Adherent
Inactive users (non confirmed ) wouldn't show on members list or count though , they're listed separately on inactive users in the ACP.
Must have registered when Board was set to Instant access .
As well as Q & A , sortables works well , and for overkill stop forum spam is available .

Perhaps they didn't validate the account for a few days. So they've recently done that, bumping the counter up,
More than likely

Last edited: