Quartz theme on ThemeForest

torquewrench

Aspirant
Does anyone have experience tweaking this theme? Thoughts on application? I'm trying to find a theme to manipulate. I've seen some great looking forums, but nothing even close to a theme to match them.

And hello! I'm new here.

Tommy

oldlock

Aspirant
Personally I would not touch themeforest / envato with a 15 foot sterilized barge pole .....

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Chenyneh Kween ⚧
I wouldn't use themeforest for vBulletin skins either. The designers are not obligated to keep the theme updated. Wordpress themes on themeforest are pretty amazing though. I'd say the distinction is because Wordpress is constantly being upgraded and the Themeforest WP market is booming. WP theme developers know that money is to be made in really great, secure WP themes. The Themeforest vB market = not so much...

J.

oldlock

Aspirant
I've bought a couple of wordpress related items on envato. Neither performed as advertised. On both occasions envato could not reproduce the bug (if they even tried). Hence no credit and certainly no refund. Anyone considering a purchase there should check their reviews in places like trustpilot - I wish I did !

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Chenyneh Kween ⚧
... Anyone considering a purchase there should check their reviews in places like trustpilot - I wish I did !
Or read both the comments and the support section posts!
You get a decent idea of how the product performs from the folks who've actually purchased and request assistance with support issues. It's generally a decent indicator to stay away when you see a ton of support questions go unanswered and/or inept support from the actual theme providers ;)

J.

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
The Metro theme from Themeforest is one of the most popular I've ever seen, and it's been kept updated. Not like there will be any major changes in VB4 anyway at this point.