Pyramid scheme

Anonymous

Habitué
Why is there a link to a Pyramid scheme on the main page of the Ikonboard forums? Is the new owner really that degenerate?

Anonymous

Habitué
I attached images of what I am talking about.

forums.ikonboard.com links to "The Kanosis Project"

"The Kanosis Project" page is clearly a pyramid scheme. It even has a diagram that looks EXACTLY like a pyramid scheme.

I don't know who on earth would be so ridiculously stupid enough to even participate in a pyramid scheme, or why on earth Ikonboard would be linking to one, nonetheless I sent a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection to protect anyone unfortunate enough to participate.

Here's some information about pyramid schemes from the FTC.

nhynes

Participant
Here are pictures of it. I've been toying the the anonymity feature, but what's the point?

Attachments

• kanosis-ikonboard-resized.jpg
    kanosis-ikonboard-resized.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 43
  • kanosis-resized.png
    kanosis-resized.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 38

Brollachan

Adherent
It was online placed by Josh, and was physically removed by myself last night. As most of the team had pointed out to Josh via our the staff forum it was a pyramid scheme and in many countries such things are illegal.

I wish to go on record to state that I do not approve of Ikonboard being seen to promote such pyramid schemes and have nothing to do with this "Kanosis Project". As far as I'm aware the only person connected to it is the current owner of Ikonboard (Joshua Johnson), and none of the other Ikonboard team involved with it. I'm aware the link still exists in atleast one users' signature, however I'm not concerned about this as it is the user rather than 'Ikonboard' that is promoting it.