Pushover [Premium Members]

Steve

Fanatic
Yep working! Just need to change the default image sent with the notification, it shows your avatar The Sandman which makes me think it's you that triggered the alert.

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
We had Pushover disabled while testing some different functionality, but it's been re-enabled now!

OUTL4W

<style>OUTL4W GFX</style> :p
Sorry to dig this up but just so I understand this correctly, each of my members needs to install the pushover app, register and then will be receiving alerts? How does each member registering an app work?

R0binHood

Habitué
The member needs to register on Pushover.net

Download the app to their phone.

Purchase a licence for that device ($4.99 IIRC) Edit: Fees here

They can then associate their pushover account with their forum account here /account/external-accounts

Bonus tweak that I like - in the app, go to settings and set:

URL Browser: Safari (or browser of choice)
Auto-open Urls: On

This means when they tap a notification it will automatically redirect from the app to the browser and open the full site in their phone's native browser instead of within the pushover app.

User37935

Neophyte
This means when they tap a notification it will automatically redirect from the app to the browser and open the full site in their phone's native browser instead of within the pushover app.

FYI there is no such option that I can see in Pushover on Android, so I assume that only works on iOS since you mentioned Safari?

Other than that, Pushover is great for pushed forum alerts. Mine's set to alert me to PMs and reported posts.

R0binHood

Habitué
Yeah, works on the iPhone app. Not tried android.

At least you get native Android alerts from 2.1 :(

Echo

Runs with grenades
Nice, I've been waiting for something like this, every once in a while I need a couple good pushes! :D

R0binHood

Habitué
. Mine's set to alert me to PMs and reported posts.

Mines set to send alerts for post reactions. Then I go on a site and post something controversial. The wave of dislikes created sends a sea of push notifications to my phone and makes me look popular to all my friends.

Echo

Runs with grenades
Mines set to send alerts for post reactions. Then I go on a site and post something controversial. The wave of dislikes created sends a sea of push notifications to my phone and makes me look popular to all my friends.

Very clever! :D