Pushover [Premium Members]

The Sandman

Administrator
TAZ is now running Pushover, which is available for use by Premium Members!
  • With Xen Pushover you can receive forum alerts directly to their Pushover client.
  • There is a Pushover client available for iOS and Android with a desktop client coming soon.
  • The only thing you need to do is install the add-on and register a Pushover app.
This means that you can have your smart phone, tablet or other mobile device - and soon even your laptop or desktop computer - signal you when you get an alert from TAZ!

Nogitsune

Unleash The Beast....
Pushover is leaving us poor Windows Phone users out in the cold :(

Good to hear about TAZ is getting some cool new features<3 The Sandman

Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonGalaxy

Habitué
Awesome!

Would be nice to have tapatalk or something (an app related) to use for the forum. I hate what taptalk does (the owner) and where they are from but I love the app.

haqzore

Devotee
Awesome!

Would be nice to have tapatalk or something (an app related) to use for the forum. I hate what taptalk does (the owner) and where they are from but I love the app.
dont hold your breath :p

Does kind of suck to have to download / setup / register an entire app just for simple notifications... When Taptatalk did that IN ADDITION TO being a complete forum access solution. :unsure:

Maxxamillion

Gaming Geek
im most likely the only one but how do i link it to TAZ and its given me a trial period then i have to pay £2.99

Maxxamillion

Gaming Geek
I'll pay for it, I'll send you a PC about it tomorrow.
I dont mind paying the 3 quid for it i just was under the assumption we got it free with being TAZ premium. I still have no clue how to link it to TAZ haha. The struggle is real

Bitnull

Fan
I dont mind paying the 3 quid for it i just was under the assumption we got it free with being TAZ premium. I still have no clue how to link it to TAZ haha. The struggle is real
We were going to offer it for free to our premium members (subsidise it) but Pushover changed their App from a paid app to a free app with in-app purchases, despite us already forking out ~$150, the redeemable codes were wasted.

Email With Pushover Support said:
Hi, once we release our new app that is free in the App Store,
the voucher codes won't work anymore. If you want to e-mail us when
those users have downloaded the free app, we can activate their
licenses on our end before their trial runs out and they won't have
to buy the in-app purchase.

The Sandman

Administrator
im most likely the only one but how do i link it to TAZ and its given me a trial period then i have to pay £2.99

Yeah, the app is a paid item between you and your app-store. It really has nothing to do with TAZ. The add-on we're using, Xen Pushover, is a paid XenForo app that TAZ purchased from Chris Deeming. And Pushover (the company that makes the app, not the add-on) charges TAZ for alerts when we go above 7,500 alerts per month.

To set up your Pushover go to your External accounts page and fill out both the Pushover Settings and Preferences.

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-4_18-2-38.png
    upload_2014-8-4_18-2-38.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Justin

*Insert witty title here*
nice star Howard :daroldi:

Lol, I will give it a try.

Maxxamillion

Gaming Geek
Yeah, the app is a paid item between you and your app-store. It really has nothing to do with TAZ. The add-on we're using, Xen Pushover, is a paid XenForo app that TAZ purchased from Chris Deeming. And Pushover (the company that makes the app, not the add-on) charges TAZ for alerts when we go above 7,500 alerts per month.

To set up your Pushover go to your External accounts page and fill out both the Pushover Settings and Preferences.

thanks for the info :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin

*Insert witty title here*
So whats it supposed to do because I don't see alerts yet :eek: