Fait

Enthusiast
We are now on a more powerful solution #VPS :D

Fait

Enthusiast
We are doing a posting contest!!

Fait

Enthusiast
For anyone confused all timezones are Australian, it be the 1st April here in just a few hours.

We be doing a contest real soon!!
Someone has a chance to win $100AUD :)
What is it? $100 or $60?

FTL

Adherent
Hey, ya nicked my idea! Copyright! :p

Kidding, check out my one too in my siggy. :)

Last edited:

truthingtotruth

Aspirant
In my view, we have a great learning opportunity here, or a very clever technique to get folks to click on a link to that other Community platform that is the focus of that advert in the quote box. That, itself, is a learning opportunity.

But I view the idea that if that is a clever technique as not something I am willing to go for and so I am not going to click on any link to look for answers.

What are my questions, I suppose you are now wondering - - - maybe.

#1: Why "on May 1st" and not 'by May 1st'?

#2: What exactly is the number of posts a total from?
___ Are the posts a member had before April 1st included in the total?
___ Example: I had 100 up to April 1st and I post 100 by May 1st so my contest total is 200?
___ Or does the number of posts start at April 1st?
___ And back to the use of those prepositions, 'on' or 'by' and the timestamp - - - as of midnight of May 1st? Midnight May 2nd? And midnight of whose time zone? I suppose if the preposition 'by' is to be used then it would be midnight of May 1st, yes?

So I have many questions related to the advert on this Community platform and now we tie those questions into this thread:
Posting Etiquette

Would a trick like that idea of leaving us guessing about those questions I have asked being a technique to click a link to that other Community platform be proper etiquette?

Or should that advert right here in this Community be very clear about such things like I have asked?

Or does anyone even care?

Just an old fart wondering. Don't mind me.

Fait

Enthusiast
In my view, we have a great learning opportunity here, or a very clever technique to get folks to click on a link to that other Community platform that is the focus of that advert in the quote box. That, itself, is a learning opportunity.

But I view the idea that if that is a clever technique as not something I am willing to go for and so I am not going to click on any link to look for answers.

What are my questions, I suppose you are now wondering - - - maybe.

#1: Why "on May 1st" and not 'by May 1st'?

#2: What exactly is the number of posts a total from?
___ Are the posts a member had before April 1st included in the total?
___ Example: I had 100 up to April 1st and I post 100 by May 1st so my contest total is 200?
___ Or does the number of posts start at April 1st?
___ And back to the use of those prepositions, 'on' or 'by' and the timestamp - - - as of midnight of May 1st? Midnight May 2nd? And midnight of whose time zone? I suppose if the preposition 'by' is to be used then it would be midnight of May 1st, yes?

So I have many questions related to the advert on this Community platform and now we tie those questions into this thread:
Posting Etiquette

Would a trick like that idea of leaving us guessing about those questions I have asked being a technique to click a link to that other Community platform be proper etiquette?

Or should that advert right here in this Community be very clear about such things like I have asked?

Or does anyone even care?

Just an old fart wondering. Don't mind me.
My apologies, I should of been a lot more clearer, in the future I make sure we are well in to the start of the month before I start such a contest to avoid any confusion!

truthingtotruth

Aspirant
With all due respect, you've missed the mark by quite a few inches.

It is not at all the timing that is the issue. I mean by "timing" the date you start your contest.

It is those details I have already outlined that are in your rules about the contest that are the issue.

Well, the bigger issue is if you start giving out prize money for a contest, like you are doing, the wording of the rules has to be crystal clear, This isn't like the earliest days of boxing when the prize money was given to the man still standing and the wording could be "He down for good, you get money."

Nope, in this day and age some folks around here have already pointed out that there are a whole bunch of Earth Citizens and now Net Citizens that make themselves rules lawyers, and that is super true with regard to handing out cash. If you are not careful you could find yourself having to hand out a lot more cash than you were planning because the rules weren't super clear and super easy to understand. Just that choice of prepositions is a door to trouble.

So I am now assuming the rules written on your own platform also have some holes in them.

I'd be happy to help you out and go there and look at your site and the rules if another member here could let me know they have already visited your site and it seems safe. Frankly, I have fear of scams and so that is the main reason I haven't clicked on any links to visit your site. But I think you may need a little help with this. Well, forgive me for being presumptuous.

Fait

Enthusiast
With all due respect, you've missed the mark by quite a few inches.

It is not at all the timing that is the issue. I mean by "timing" the date you start your contest.

It is those details I have already outlined that are in your rules about the contest that are the issue.

Well, the bigger issue is if you start giving out prize money for a contest, like you are doing, the wording of the rules has to be crystal clear, This isn't like the earliest days of boxing when the prize money was given to the man still standing and the wording could be "He down for good, you get money."

Nope, in this day and age some folks around here have already pointed out that there are a whole bunch of Earth Citizens and now Net Citizens that make themselves rules lawyers, and that is super true with regard to handing out cash. If you are not careful you could find yourself having to hand out a lot more cash than you were planning because the rules weren't super clear and super easy to understand. Just that choice of prepositions is a door to trouble.

So I am now assuming the rules written on your own platform also have some holes in them.

I'd be happy to help you out and go there and look at your site and the rules if another member here could let me know they have already visited your site and it seems safe. Frankly, I have fear of scams and so that is the main reason I haven't clicked on any links to visit your site. But I think you may need a little help with this. Well, forgive me for being presumptuous.
No worries, I appreciate your help and I should of been more clear on timezones, guidelines and how they will receive the money that’s on me,

I can guarantee we will never scam our users as that’s also illegal but I understand why you would think that! :)

I’ve just gone ahead and added a few rules so hoping that helps users we basically want content that’s 4 words and more longer & a PayPal account and the contest ends on May 1st (AEST)

Fait

Enthusiast
The item Tech Observed has been updated:

We've changed our URL but still the same, fun community, This is due to a falling out with the previous co-owner, I'm the main owner and can keep the data. We are now Pulse Chatter.

Fait

Enthusiast
If anyone has any suggestions let us know :)