Privacy Policy Generator and other tools for ensuring GDPR Compliance

R0binHood

Habitué
I was creating a new facebook social login for a wordpress site yesterday and they now require you to post a link to a privacy policy when you create the facebook app.

A quick google and I came across a site called iubneda, which helped me to create a very basic one for free, which is all I needed for the site in question.

http://iubenda.refr.cc/X2Z53DN (referral link)

But it's got a very detailed and capable generator if you have lots of codes, trackers and various systems integrated into your site. You just search for the services you use, it tells you about the data they collect and then you can add it to your privacy policy with a single click.

upload_2018-4-7_11-21-58.png

It then generates a nice privacy policy for you which you can add to your site

upload_2018-4-7_11-22-27.png

I'm currently using the free version, which I think is limited to 4 services.

It's $27 per year per site/app for the pro version or $9 a month for 5 sites.

If you have a pretty complex policy though with lots of trackers, it would probably be worth it to have a system like this to manage it. It seems pretty well designed. I imagine I'll upgrade to the paid version unless I find something better.

Referral Link to iubenda :)

I figured this might be useful to many of you.

If anyone has any other good tools for monitoring or generating these kind of documents post them up.

R0binHood

Habitué
Here's another site that includes a free initial scan and various ongoing monitoring service plans. Just waiting on my results now.

https://www.cookiebot.com/en/

We have made one part of the GDPR simple - cookies and online tracking. Cookiebot makes your cookies and online tracking GDPR compliant with just a few lines of Javascript.

Cookiebot consists of three main features: cookie consent, cookie monitoring and cookie control.

R0binHood

Habitué
Oh god, so many fails due to cookies from 3rd parties. Soooo many 3rd party cookies from plugins :cry:

Plugins had anywhere from 1-10 cookies just to do with that plugin.

And one had a cookie that was valid for 5,000 years :ROFLMAO: (a unique user ID for a chat system)

Ugggh, ffs :sleep:

Maddox

Habitué
This is where the nightmare begins - how many 3rd party cookies is your site attracting? How would you know if there were no tools to check? How could you comply with the GDPR. For every answer you dig up (literally having to dig lol) another 20 questions arise. It's the most ridiculous regulation to-date and I can see consumers being even more confused when they have to be continually asked to give permission before they can access what they want. It's going to cause many sites to grind to halt and others to just pack up and forget about it.

I feel for anyone finding out that they're not, and probably never will be, GDPR compliant.

:mad:

R0binHood

Habitué
Quite a nice Privacy Policy layout here, which has just bene updated by Waitrose / John Lewis. One of the biggest supermarkets and department stores in the UK

http://www.waitrose.com/corporate_i...information/legal_notices/privacy-notice.html

Interesting how they list all the 3rd parties that they supply your data to. Seems like it's mainly ad tracking companies.

To help personalise your journey through Partnership websites we currently use the following companies who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us:

• Monetate
  • CACI
  • BazaarVoice
  • BlueKai
  • Adobe Tag Management
  • RichRelevance
  • Scene7
  • New Relic
  • Ensighten
  • Tapad
  • TagMan

• Infection Media