Price hike, no more ticket support - enough signals from Invision

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Wow, I was considering Invision Community for a project, but this has completely put me off. Despite Invision having some good features added recently, including anonymous posting without needing addons/plugins, this is really disappointing, even though slightly old news now. No support? They can F right off.
You can't really say "no support", as they reportedly doing it via the forum...my issue is when it comes to something complicated that they can't handle over the forum, they are most likely going to fall back to "you need to upgrade to the paid support and submit a ticket and bend over and grab your ankles" routine. It's really bull**** IMHO that they removed ticket support and then went to forum support for the base - some of us have been asking for forum support for years and they kept refusing claiming that they could provide better support by tickets. I think what really happened is that the light finally dawned on them that many of the issues that they had to support could be responded to in a forum and MANY licensees could make benefit of it, reducing the total number of tickets and reducing the cost of the individual costs for their company (meaning more money for them). Then guess what..... all of a sudden they decide to offer "forum support" as the base for current license holders (unlike the two other major scripts) and then if you want ticket support... bend over and take it up the arse (again, unlike two other major paid script providers currently do - both ticket and forum support, and one of them even does forum support for non-active licenses that I know of for sure).

Now, they have a REALLY good product... it's just there support process that sucks donkey balls.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Who has time for reading threads in a forum? Who can be bothered? Forums are dying, didn't you know?
Honestly.. there are only about 5 forums that I participate in... down from about 35 just 2-3 years ago... it's kind of a catch-22. Fewer folks participate in them and there are fewer interesting posts... which results in a more infrequent visit which slowly becomes no visits. Those few that I currently participate in are because there are folks there that I enjoy interacting with generally (even though some of them I don't agree with).

Last edited:

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
My reply was somewhat tongue-in-cheek in reference to the previous posts and leaving logic at the door, but the sentiment you're describing is absolutely valid - and I find myself in a similar enough position.

I don't know if this is solely because of the usual arguments or because I've changed and my priorities are different now about where and how I spend my time, such that I perceive it more.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I also find in recent times I'm far more selective when it comes to joining a new forum or making a post. It's for the same reason Tracy Perry mentioned above, I generally prefer to interact with people I'm familiar with.

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
I generally prefer to interact with people I'm familiar with.
I'm much the same way. It's because we are old. As we age, we tend to gravitate towards the familiar. We keep more to our familiar circle of friends; we are less likely to try new types of music or books. It has to do with the deterioration of the striatum in the brain which has to do with developing new strategies and schema.

Golden years, my arse!