Pre approving or vetting Adsense ads

Philpug

Participant
We have had a run of advertisers though Adsense that I will just say, not relevant for our readers. We had to clean up and block litterally hundreds of ads. Is there a way to pre approve/Vet ads that are posted? If So, please post the steps from GA that we need to do. Thanks.

cbp

Habitué
That is not an option that Google make available.
Also the adverts that you see will not be the ones that your site's visitors will see.

Philpug

Participant
That is not an option that Google make available.
Also the adverts that you see will not be the ones that your site's visitors will see.
I understand that different viewers see different things but we have had more than one complaint from readers regaring certain ads.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Not relevant for readers is not something you can do about. Google looks at the device and based on ID, cookies etc it selects ads, your content is a small part in this. If you blacklist to many sites you will lose money because you can by accident blacklist high paying sites. So i would undo everything and explain to your users that its based on content id, cookies, site they visit etc etc.

Philpug

Participant
We are getting slammed with a lot of underwear ads, almost all are are originating from China with hundreds of ads.

Drastic

Habitué
Test other companies.

On one site, adsense does great for me. On another, it's awful.

Use multiple and see what performs with each audience.

SGT Oddball

Aspirant
Just go to your blocking controls in the left column of your Adsense screen and block the ads you don't want from the ad review center or block the advertiser or even block the category, there are loads of controls, but you should remember that lots of ads you see are interest-based so you are probably seeing them because you have shown interest in that sort of product elsewhere on the net.

1594128341077.png

Philpug

Participant
Just go to your blocking controls in the left column of your Adsense screen and block the ads you don't want from the ad review center or block the advertiser or even block the category, there are loads of controls, but you should remember that lots of ads you see are interest-based so you are probably seeing them because you have shown interest in that sort of product elsewhere on the net.

View attachment 54619
We have done this but there have been an influx of ads that are seen by too many people with diverse search histories. I am wondering if we could approve thse ads prior.

Philpug

Participant
I mean, you could try to run the ads yourself.
We have other ads running. Knowing what Google pays we feel we could offer those advertisers a better value for their money...but how to contact them? We know we have valuable ad space and the demographics that they are looking for but access to the decision maker is near impossible.

Kyrie

Habitué
We have other ads running. Knowing what Google pays we feel we could offer those advertisers a better value for their money...but how to contact them? We know we have valuable ad space and the demographics that they are looking for but access to the decision maker is near impossible.

Well, it depends on if you have tools to see how many clicks specific ad has gotten. For example, they pay $5 for being visible on 100 sites is much better (to the untrained) than paying $5 to show on one, you know?

If you have the companies name and can DM me information I can try to get you in contact with someone. I work in sales, it's what I do.

DigNap15

Habitué
It would be great if we could deal direct with the advertsiers.
But then it becomes a
What is your price
then
How much do you want to pay
versus
How many views will I get

Philpug

Participant
We ahve been diligent in vetting ads and Adsense is coming back. We got killed over the summer.