Post your vBulletin forum with stats!

Abizaga

I am a tuna sandwich!
URL: https://q-army.com
Threads:1,224
Users:149
Active users: None, it's an archive so nobody can log in or register anymore.
I'm still very proud of this site.

Last edited:

MKiera

Aspirant
Help! Did something stupid . . .have been running a highly customized Vb 3.X since 2006, happy now running 3.8.2 with a legacy PHP 5.4.45 on surpasshosting which btw is a great server!. Have fixed most "strict" errors as they arose but . . .

During a ftp debugging session, switching includes/config file ON/OFF, accidentally overwrote main "global.php" in root forum directory and do NOT have a backup at all. Patched an old 3.6.2 file in temporarily but, obviously, not quite the same. Surprized it works with no obvious error but certain features connected with blogs and notifications are definitely missing.
What's Going On?
Currently Active Users: 1 (1 members and 0 guests)

Most users ever online was 80, 07-24-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Chloe
Members who have visited in the last 24 hours: 3

The most members online over 24 hours was 9, 07-08-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Chloe , Linde , michael
Websites who have referred today: 0 (Remove all referrals)
stats.gif
No referrals today
Coweta Solar Statistics
stats.gif

Threads: 677, Posts: 4,070, Members: 61
Welcome to our newest invite, Kiera
Blogs: 5, Entries: 154, Last 24 Hours: 0
Latest Blog Entry, Justice Scalia by michael in Blog Public Blog

Is it possible (anyone?) to get a replacement copy of main 3.8.2 global.php file? Have Vb license number (expired!) upon request have other issues but this one just caps it!

Cheers, Surprized/Happy to find this forum,
Kiera

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Is it possible (anyone?) to get a replacement copy of main 3.8.2 global.php file? Have Vb license number (expired!) upon request have other issues but this one just caps it!

I do recall that vB3.x operated under different licence schemes in the early days but I thought you could still download the last version purchased?

craigForo

Enthusiast
I do recall that vB3.x operated under different licence schemes in the early days but I thought you could still download the last version purchased?

You can in fact download any of the vB3 versions (at least i can). So in theory they should be able to also.

MKiera

Aspirant
You can in fact download any of the vB3 versions . .
Interesting! How is it my "gravatar" follows me? lol Perhaps another day . . . The last time I talked to Vb my member area password didn't work, email being deceased account dates back to 2006 and ultimately they were upset because I put the license in father's name in CT, who also has since "deceased"? I did that out of fear, privacy concerns as my airline company job (still own "deltaxchange.com") had recently gone thru bankruptcy, had cut our pay, taken their 401(k) contributions back etc, etc . . . and union organizing was in the wind.

Sorry! TMI! I may try talking to them again cannot access Vb.org mod site either suppose nobody writes anymore for 3.8.2 anyway? But why would they say "expired"? They seem upset I don't "upgrade" although, I know, a business is "in for the money". Old habits die hard: I don't even want/need an entire "download" just a copy/paste of the original.php [code in a deletable PM/post would do I also use a very old copy of UltraEdit32 . . .

Still unsure "how" I fumbled - had includes/"config.php" already open and when I pointed and went to open "global.php" somehow I "saved" and the former overwrote with the latter's filename?

Thanks! Will keep ya's updated!
(Merry Christmas btw! I cannot believe SS actually paid out a day early!)

Last edited:

zappaDPJ

Administrator
The last time I talked to Vb my member area password didn't work, email being deceased account dates back to 2006 and ultimately they were upset because I put the license in father's name in CT, who also has since "deceased"?

I have had similar issues with multiple vB licences. I purchased them but they were registered in the site owner's name.

MKiera

Aspirant
I have had similar issues with multiple vB licences..

zappa I managed to reconstruct my old, original email account with which I first registered with Vb members area and when I clicked on the password reset link I immediately get: "Your password reset link has expired"

The subsequent "support" link gave me this:

Something Went Wrong!
Access to support ticket denied.
If you believe this should not have happened, please contact us.

Question: is there any AdminZone policy against my soliciting site members here for anybody who has a copy of "Vb version 3.8.2 global.php" laying around to copy/paste to me? lol I've got a 3.6.X version can trade? (Surprisingly it's working ok with no major errors but certain features are just plain missing) (ps: don't wanna start a thread on this possibly just ask thru PM likely members?)

Appreciate Your Support,
Happy Holidays!

Kiera
"

Last edited:

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Question: is there any AdminZone policy against my soliciting site members here for anybody who has a copy of "Vb version 3.8.2 global.php" laying around to copy/paste to me?

I can't answer that with any real authority but you've asked for help and I'm not about to delete that request. I'm sure someone will come along with a better response at some point. The only thing I will say is some or all vBulletin files are probably identifiable in terms of ownership so that might present a licensing issue.

MKiera

Aspirant
I can't answer that with any real authority . . .

Thx! No hurry we'll see what happens! See you have a "float" but . . . ooo (now see it) do like your "+" popup "code" button.

Don't wanna step on anybody's toes, can easily do something like the following, it's just disturbing that I cannot even ask Vb for such a simple request. Read your thread(s) on the dislike of the newer versions - sorry Vb - but would rather fix [strict errors] as they pop rather than lose years worth of customizations.Am NOT an expert coder how else would I be a ble to subscribe to Vb.org?

Stylistically, to look at my board, it doesn't look "custom" at all but do love their embedded "hook" system for sure!

Code:
/*======================================================================*\
|| #################################################################### ||
|| # vBulletin 3.6.2 - Licence Number xxxxxxxxxx
|| # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
\*======================================================================*/

Last edited:

MKiera

Aspirant
. . .vBulletin files are probably identifiable in terms of ownership so that might present a licensing issue.

zappa I did find a solution. As far as Vb is concerned with 3.8.x at end of life my license, and that includes for "upgrading" as well, ended when 4.x was introduced. Full new version price only. Finally, I did find a website with version 3.8.12 available for download so salvaged global.php from that install package and now all is well

Still have a few manual edits to perform to get certain "mods" working again but also still have a usergroup permission problem, anyone any clue why only access masks is working?

Thanks for all,

Kiera

Hostboard

Aspirant
Most users ever online was 11,911, 2 Weeks Ago at 09:02 PM
Threads 277,432 Posts 1,952,466 Members 214,166

Hostboard

Aspirant
Hostboard
What platform are you migrating to?

Were not moving. We are in the process of touching every Core file for PHP 7.4 compatibility. Then it will be on to the add-ons. vBulletin in itself is not terrible. While the code is out dated, it can be updated to run the latest PHP versions and it just "works". The major downfall is the display is not responsive/modern. In that, we are going to try something very different.