Post Your Desktop

Biker-AdEx

Kiss my arse!
That is Mint 14 XFCE. I had installed it so I could provide some assistance to a friend who was running into some printing issues. It's been replaced by Fedora. Have always wanted to play around with that one. I have, on average, 2-3 Linux distributions installed at any given time. And now that I have a shiny new hard drive installed, that average will most likely go up to 5-6 now. :D

This is my primary Linux distribution (Vector Linux SOHO) which always resides on my machines.

View attachment 1638

Attachments

Michael

Fan
Looks 'Minty' to me, Brad. ;) What DE are you using there? I was a big fan of Cinnamon, when it was first released, but it is a bit of a resource pig.

ai1124.photobucket.com_albums_l562_Mike765_consort.jpg

That's the now discontinued SolusOS 2 Alpha 7, with the Consort desktop. 2a7 was based on Debian Wheezy, but Ikey has decided to cut all the umbilical cords and set off on his own. The next release will be a completely independent distro, using the Consort DE and the PiSi package manager. A public release is still off in the distance a bit, but those of us on the testing team are hoping to have something in our hands within the next few days.

Consort is a treat, because it emulates GNOME 2, but is actually a GNOME Classic (fallback) fork. And there is no need for hardware acceleration, as in the Shell or Cinnamon. Right-click interaction on the panel is there, as are GNOME 2 applet support. I think Ikey has the right direction for Consort, as trying to pin patched packages higher than the underlying packages is just asking for problems. So what we now have is a DE that looks and feels just like GNOME 2, but works with GTK3.

Biker-AdEx

Kiss my arse!
That's the now discontinued SolusOS 2 Alpha 7, with the Consort desktop. 2a7 was based on Debian Wheezy, but Ikey has decided to cut all the umbilical cords and set off on his own. The next release will be a completely independent distro, using the Consort DE and the PiSi package manager. A public release is still off in the distance a bit, but those of us on the testing team are hoping to have something in our hands within the next few days.

Consort is a treat, because it emulates GNOME 2, but is actually a GNOME Classic (fallback) fork. And there is no need for hardware acceleration, as in the Shell or Cinnamon. Right-click interaction on the panel is there, as are GNOME 2 applet support. I think Ikey has the right direction for Consort, as trying to pin patched packages higher than the underlying packages is just asking for problems. So what we now have is a DE that looks and feels just like GNOME 2, but works with GTK3.
Mike, what are you guys using for the kernel. We've been having a hell of a time with the 3.2 and 3.4 tree with our 7.1 betas. It looks like we have it licked with 3.4.37, though. There were a few 3.2.X and 3.4.X kernels that my system just flat out hated. We're talking spectacular crashes during copying from one partition to another.

Michael

Fan
Biker, as I mentioned, I'm using an Alpha of SolusOS 2 that has been discontinued. But it's running on 3.4.2. But it's moot, as a completely new and independent Alpha is just around the corner.

I've not experienced any problems with the 3.2.x and 3.4.x branches.

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
I have a simple Ubuntu and Windows 7 desktops as dual boot. Nothing special except the wall paper. Used to play with Rainmeter sometime back, but now happy with default set up.

Stuart-AdEx

Enthusiast
I was going to post a screen shot of my Ubuntu 13.04, witched back from Windows 8 but screenshots aren't working. Serves me right for not installing LTS.