Implemented Post Ratings... Bring them back?

Should TAZ Install the Post-Ratings Add-on?

• Total voters

Sheldon

Fan
Why not change the thumbs up icon in the message user info as well?

Thumbs up is most likely known as "like", not Positive Ratings....

Sheldon

Fan
I'll just assume soon it will be back to just being able to "like" something, considering the trend.

It's a shame. The ability to give true feedback based on how you viewed the site was something I felt separated TAZ from everything else.

I had more fun seeing who rated what (in going and reading threads) than replying. You could peek into the thought process of those rating. You could quickly see if your thoughts are close to the same as the poster. If a post had a feel to it, you rated it.

Now, that has been hampered. Let's just **** unicorns and rainbows all day long now. Get real people. How in the hell is everything "positive"? Disagreements are part of life.

Oh wait, I see the "disagree" rating was left.

Unicorns and rainbows folks. Great stuff.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
I'd like to see sets of post ratings with direct specific relation to the nodes they're in (as well as some of the standard ones). Instead of just one single generic set in use across the board.

TJA

Resident Sheep Fondler
Why Why Why oh Why have you changed Drama Queen to Melodramatic :D it's just not worth using any more :cry:

*expects someone to use that to rate this post

Phillip

The Priest
Why Why Why oh Why have you changed Drama Queen to Melodramatic :D it's just not worth using any more :cry:

*expects someone to use that to rate this post

I think it fits better since it's suppose to be a positive feedback post rating now. :) Melodramatic. :p

Danielx64

Developer
Maybe it just me but I use it when someone is creating drama around the place.

Any comment about the troll idea that I posted a few pages back? Or is that a no?

BrandonSheley

loving life
I'm in favor of bringing the ones back that where here a few weeks ago.

BTW wasn't "informative" one of the ones listed before?
I see "Interesting" but I thought there was an info one as well...:(

I think I've only used a few
  • funny & winner - seems like the same idea
  • like & agree - seems like the same idea
  • informative
  • drama queen
  • I was wondering about that too (although it seems to long of a title)

drama queen was a fine one to have, you could also replace it with "troll"
I agree with those saying forums can't be 100% positive, but you will get groups going around at times tagging a users post as drama/troll. I'd suggest implementing something to help prevent that vs removing the option. Something like, user can't tag the same user more then 3 times in an hour/day may help.

I doubt I'll ever tag someone as melodramatic, but I would as dramaqueen.

..but then again you can remove them completely and just use the default like option with xenforo and I wouldn't mind.

my 2 cents on the topic

Last edited:

Rasty

Fan
When I used Drama Queen I never intended to call anyone melodramatic. I feel violated by the terminology change. :violin: