Site Name: PokéSun.com
Site URL: http://pokesun.com/
Topic: Pokemon
Software: MyBB
Launch Date: 1/8/12
Members: 151
Threads: 711
Review Thread: http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93004
Description: Experience the newest Pokemon forum on the internet, PokeSun.com! Our forum had started on January 8th, 2012; and we are already doing great! We have a theme made by Ryan McGrane, of Audentio Design (which has been customized to fit our forum, and comes in nine different colored themes.) We have a PokeMart, which comes with a shop, lottery system, and bank. We also have an IRC chatroom! Members can also request for graphics, roleplay, play forum games, discuss about Pokemon, and so much more!

--
Comments and suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Meandor

Participant
I see you're using a lot of fanart created images for your skins, but i can't find a page or link where you credit the original artist of the image. If the images are from Nintendo i could understand this being harsh and troublesome, but most look to me as they come from other sources.

The misty one you use comes from an artist called Strarius. http://strarius.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d41brf1
He put his copyright and name on the original piece and you cut that off.
Normally you ask for the artist permission to use a certain piece of artwork first and if you don't you at least have to credit the artist imo.

Not trying to be harsh or mean here just helping you avoid certain legal problems or other nasty things that can happen because of art theft. I run an artist community myself and i know what kind of stuff can happen if this gets dragged out.

Best of luck!

Zueq

Aspirant
I see you're using a lot of fanart created images for your skins, but i can't find a page or link where you credit the original artist of the image. If the images are from Nintendo i could understand this being harsh and troublesome, but most look to me as they come from other sources.

The misty one you use comes from an artist called Strarius. http://strarius.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d41brf1
He put his copyright and name on the original piece and you cut that off.
Normally you ask for the artist permission to use a certain piece of artwork first and if you don't you at least have to credit the artist imo.

Not trying to be harsh or mean here just helping you avoid certain legal problems or other nasty things that can happen because of art theft. I run an artist community myself and i know what kind of stuff can happen if this gets dragged out.

Best of luck!

Yes I do understand what you are saying there. I've been getting my artwork from this website, so I never knew who had made them in the first place. But I will edit the footer about the banners we use. :) Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Zueq

Aspirant
Our members have made a total of 14,107 posts in 808 threads.
We currently have 173 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Time

We've been doing great! I hope you can visit our www.pokesun.com! We're a fun, and striving Pokemon community!

Zueq

Aspirant
Update!

Our members have made a total of 18,126 posts in 967 threads.
We currently have 220 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Alitig1

Zueq

Aspirant
Have you been on PokéSun lately? We're gearing up for a few summer events and activities in the upcoming weeks. Some of our summer activities we have is our fun RPG: The Shuca Region, where you can explore, catch Pokemon, battle trainers, battle against gym leaders and the elite four, journey with other fellow members who have also joined in the RPG, and so much more! It's a fun RPG that a lot of people have joined in, and you should join in it, too!

Another activity we have, which we have mentioned before, is our competitive league! We have three gym leaders waiting to battle against you to see how good you are! You can either battle via Pokemon Online, or even via Wi-Fi. We're hoping to get our competitive league up and active again. So if you like to battling, why don't you stop by and join in our competitive league.

A new project we've decided to do is a monthly magazine (hopefully every month) where we post a series of great articles and information such as rate my team reviews, graphic reviews, card analysis, Pokemon movie reviews, and so much more. The magazine name: The Monthly Watchog. Our first issue will soon be posted this month. Hope you have the time to read it!
Issue 1: http://www.pokesun.com/themonthlywatchog1.php

We also have a new usergroup called "VIP". Anyone can join, though you have to pay 12,750 PokéDollars from our PokéMart system to become a VIP. Though it's pretty worth it. You get more PM space, a private VIP forum, orange-colored username, VIP userbar, 7 gold stars, and much more! Start becoming active again, and earn some PD, and hopefully you can become a VIP in no time!

Oh, did I mention PokéSun now has 26,000+ posts, 1,300+ threads, and 268 members? We're growing very rapidly, and we just get bigger every day! We also have a total of seventeen themes to choose from. From our 1.0 set of themes, 2.0 themes, and to our 3.0 themes. All unique and different, for you to choose from.

I hope you can be apart of our forum if you haven't thought about it yet. We're a great, growing Pokemon community forum.

http://www.pokesun.com

--
Comments and/or suggestions would be appreciated! :)

JOtstott

Participant
Really love the clean layout of the forum as well as the color choice. I will be signing up (under the same name) and could assist in some design work if needed. I had plans on starting my own Pokemon community but decided to go with another niche. I am amazed at how well your community seems to be going considering the timeframe!

Much props to you and your staff!

Zueq

Aspirant
Really love the clean layout of the forum as well as the color choice. I will be signing up (under the same name) and could assist in some design work if needed. I had plans on starting my own Pokemon community but decided to go with another niche. I am amazed at how well your community seems to be going considering the timeframe!

Much props to you and your staff!

Thanks for the comment! I don't think we need any design work at the moment, but I appreciate you offering it. :)

It's very hard to get a Pokemon forum at least a little active these days, since there's so many Pokemon forums out there. I just try to keep my forum as unique and different as possible! :D

But thanks again for your comment. I really appreciate it!

Zueq

Aspirant
Update:

Our members have made a total of 35,002 posts in 1,731 threads.
We currently have 415 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, StevenGzt

We've been doing pretty good since our last update here. We just keep growing and growing everyday.

Our recent update thread: http://www.pokesun.com/t-Update-Hint-of-...ture-11-11

We feature a "Hint of the Future" column on our Portal page, and next month we will be revealing two possible hints of what it could be. As noted on the Hint of the Future column, it's "Something big! :O".

Zueq

Aspirant
We're still going strong! PokéSun has been online since January of 2012. We aren't thriving like we once was our first couple of years being open, but we still have our close-knit family and would love to have new people join in on the fun! :D

Our members have made a total of 90,477 posts in 4,090 threads.
We currently have 702 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, shiladoulan.