phpBB3 Arcade

Oldcrow

Enthusiast
phpbb is quite an attractive forum software. phpbb3 I found to be easy now to add the mod.s and they have a great amount of good mod.'s and theme skins.

I did set a phpbb3 arcade forum up not to long ago, but it is impossible to find an arcade for phpbb3, oh there are a couple around, but one is private that has been developed by the two owners, then there is one that you have to be invited to join, in order to purchase the arcade software, and you get ripped off.

On line arcade game playing is a big thing, all the arcade forums are IPB or vBulletin and we use ipsProArcade 1.1.2Beta1.

Any idea why phpBB has no arcade to add to forums. And is anyone ever going to make one or even modify one of the arcade software out there to fit and run on phpBB

Voice4Vision

Neophyte
Hey Oldcrow, my simple advice is to stay away from JV Arcade - developed by KillBill. The guy is a thief, stealing credit, and receiving payment for stolen games. If you call him out on it, he'll ban you and in turn call you the thief. I put a lot of money into my site all based on his JV Arcade. Great Script! But in all honesty, it is limited and in need of a lot of necessary functionalities.

My suggestion, Try MyArcade Plugin @ https://myarcadeplugin.com/
You can still use phpBB by using a bridge plugin. As for as integration of phpBB and myarcade plugin...I honestly can not help you there, I have no idea if this has been achieved. There may be topics in his forums regarding this. The best thing about this plugin is it allows you to download directly from other arcade sites, right into yours with all the needed data and setup completed. You could easily have 10,000+ games in less than an hour.

And finally as for a lack of games....Flash has been discontinued, in which there was a treasure trove of Flash Games. All arcade sites have converted to HTML 5 games, with limited access or availability of HTML 5 Games with scoring capabilities. This plugin solves many things other arcade plugins don't.

I wish you luck.

Just my 2 cents,
Andrew

Oldcrow

Enthusiast
Hey Oldcrow, my simple advice is to stay away from JV Arcade - developed by KillBill. The guy is a thief, stealing credit, and receiving payment for stolen games. If you call him out on it, he'll ban you and in turn call you the thief. I put a lot of money into my site all based on his JV Arcade. Great Script! But in all honesty, it is limited and in need of a lot of necessary functionalities.

My suggestion, Try MyArcade Plugin @ https://myarcadeplugin.com/
You can still use phpBB by using a bridge plugin. As for as integration of phpBB and myarcade plugin...I honestly can not help you there, I have no idea if this has been achieved. There may be topics in his forums regarding this. The best thing about this plugin is it allows you to download directly from other arcade sites, right into yours with all the needed data and setup completed. You could easily have 10,000+ games in less than an hour.

And finally as for a lack of games....Flash has been discontinued, in which there was a treasure trove of Flash Games. All arcade sites have converted to HTML 5 games, with limited access or availability of HTML 5 Games with scoring capabilities. This plugin solves many things other arcade plugins don't.

I wish you luck.

Just my 2 cents,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I am well aware of KillBill and a couple of others that are his buddies.
I'll check the link and see if there is anything going.

I know all about the Flash games, I have a IPB arcade forum using ipsProArcade 1.1.2Beta3

My arcade forum: https://ronaldsarcade.com/index.php? I have around 58,000 games, ruffle installed, allows for flash games to play. v32 and AS3 are hard to play ruffle hasn't got it there yet.