Photoshop Toolbox Explained.

Shelley

Tazmanian
Shelley submitted a new Article:

Photoshop Toolbox Explained.

A summary of the toolbox tool function descriptions which should give you some insight on what tools do what. Because this screenshot and the descriptions are from photoshop cs2 later versions may have added tools though this gives you some idea on the majority of them and what they do. :)

Photoshop Toolbox description summary

toolboxgs9.gif

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferrari353

Adherent
Maybe it's just my computer, but I'm not seeing any picture or anything there....

Poison_Ivy

Aspirant
I can see it, and there is one small error. The finger labeled the blur tool is in fact the smudge tool.
Other than that useful post.

Precision

Aspirant
Thanks for the info. For some reason when i hover my mouse over the toolbox's it doesnt show any tooltips or anything, this helps a lot. Thanks :)

bruce99

Aspirant
works for me on chrome.

though I am now struggling with premier pro tools ... lol

forexbullsae

Neophyte
The toolbox contains the main tools for working on images. Click any tool to select and use it.

A small arrow next to a tool in the toolbox indicates that the tool also has additional options available. In Photoshop, click and hold your mouse on a tool to see its options. For example, if you click and hold on the select tool, you'll see select options such as eliptical selction, single row selection, etc.

Online Forex trading company

johndibble12

Neophyte
Oh great! i was just looking for this stuff. It was bit difficult to use photoshop. I was not aware for almost half of this buttons. Thanks for sharing..!

Jack_Rouse

Use The Force
If you have CS6 like me, the toolbox shown here is quite outdated,many of the tools in CS6 also have right click options to bring up more tools, to help the user tool tips have been added.