PAID: input form

SteveP

Aspirant
VB 3.11 ...Form can be outside of VB and be emailed once submitted ... 13 questions ... for people signing up. Basic ..name, address , phone etc etc.

If anyone would like to create this ...let me know how much it would cost and I can pass on a few more details but most details other than the questions to be answered are in this post. Thanks

Ingenious

Fan
There's quite a lot of free PHP scripts that can do this if you search Google (also some paid ones that are better, and hosted ones too). Or how about Google forms? https://www.google.co.uk/forms/about/ - Easy to create questions, you can be emailed if there's a response, etc. Obviously I am assuming here you don't need integration with vB as you said it could be external to it.

SteveP

Aspirant
Thank you for the pointers. I will dig into those. I tried the PHP scripts and got lost somewhere in the weeds but maybe google would be better for this old guy who has forgotten more than I ever knew .....duh.

ChrisTERiS

Enthusiast
When you want to have it ready? I can code a native vB3 page (mini mod) to use for form input and then email the form to site admin. Unless if you've "exotic" fields in the form (eg Conditional logic fields, Multi step form, Chained select fields), I can make it free of charge. Adding reCapatcha is easy, in case that you want some kind of security.

Just take in account that I've some free time by the end of this month.

Chris

ChrisTERiS

Enthusiast
... for people signing up
Your requirements are not so clear. At least with my poor English, this phrase " ... for people signing up" means that you want this questionnaire to be part of registration form, even if registration form is external page. If yes, then none 3nd party solution (like Google) is good for you.

Please clarify your requirements. I can understand that for your own reasons, you may want to keep the questions in form, in private, but give some more details on how the procedure must works.

From coder's side, is important to know if the questionnaire should be part of registration or not. If yes, and if you decide to use any 3nd party form generator, things like the examples below, will not work:
  • Username checks (If exists, min-max characters, prohibited usernames)
  • Email (If exists)
  • What will happen after form submission? User will be active member? ... he must validate his email address? .... or what?
  • And maybe more depending on your vB settings.
  • Even the Option Registrations On/Off can't be automatic procedure if it's not a vB page. You must manually enable/disable the link to the form.
But if your scenario is:
"Someone comes to my site and wants to become a member. I want to complete a questionnaire which will be emailed to me. Then I'll read it and if I decide that he can be a member, I'll reply to him with a (hidden) link to proceed with the normal registration", then, yes, any 3nd party solution is good for you, but in this case "VB 3.11" has no any sense, as it can be 4.2.5, or even IPS, xenForo, even WP.

- Chris

Last edited: