OVH

mysiteguy

Fanatic
I'm considering a dedicated server through OVH for a new project I am working on. Does anyone here have recent experience (past year) with them they care to share?

Thanks in advance.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
I'm considering a dedicated server through OVH for a new project I am working on. Does anyone here have recent experience (past year) with them they care to share?

Thanks in advance.
I believe that MattW, eva2000 and RoldanLT all have servers with them... and appear to be fairly happy with them.
You have to realize that for most support, they don't hold your hand. They (the so you start and other low end one) are hardware replacement only servers. All admin duties have to be done by you. I'm still debating getting one... I'm waiting to try and catch an SSD-4 available.

mysiteguy

Fanatic
Thanks. I prefer handling support myself actually (always have). The only thing I've used support for in the past 15 years or so is reboots and occasionally attaching a KVM.

eva2000

Habitué
mine's just a test server at SoYouStart/OVH right now https://community.centminmod.com/threads/soyoustart-e3-ssd-3-intel-xeon-e3-1245v2-32gb-3x120gb-intel-320-ssd.1453/

I believe only MattW and RoldanLT have production servers at OVH/SYS and RoldanLT didn't have such a good experience with OVH support's response time when it came to DDOS attack and downtime - will let him fill you in if he wants

we're all on SoYouStart the cheaper version of OVH's offerings with commodity desktop micro-ATX motherboards etc unlike OVH's offerings and no ECC memory

Deimos

Devotee
I'm using one of OVH's cheap Kimsufi servers, based in their canadian data centre.
Not for anything major mind you, just a very small gaming server
It's been fine for me, no downtime or issues, even managed to install Windows on it.

TJA

Resident Sheep Fondler
I believe that MattW, eva2000 and RoldanLT all have servers with them... and appear to be fairly happy with them.
You have to realize that for most support, they don't hold your hand. They (the so you start and other low end one) are hardware replacement only servers. All admin duties have to be done by you. I'm still debating getting one... I'm waiting to try and catch an SSD-4 available.
*cough* :morganna:

TJA

Resident Sheep Fondler
I'm very happy with OVH, low costs, not had any downtime. I highly recommend them.

Dan18

Fan
Overall I'm very happy with my SYS/OVH server, only bad thing for me is that they can't take down Layer 7 DDOS attack, only Layer 4 DDOS attack.

Alfa1

Administrator
This thread is for the general discussion of the Host OVH. Please add to the discussion here.

Alfa1

Administrator
Yes, indeed. That phrase needs to be edited so that it invites members to use the review button and the questions button. The Sandman

Paul M

Limeade Addict
I'm afraid thats beyond my help :eek:

I guess some permissions need fixing - I'd speak to an Administrator if I were you :ROFLMAO:

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I guess some permissions need fixing - I'd speak to an Administrator if I were you :ROFLMAO:
I'm already talking to myself but having consumed nearly half a bottle of 48% Laphroaig malt whisky and being total abstainer I think it best to steer clear of XenForo permissions. We don't get on on the best of days :D