One more thing... new Speed Page

RSS Feed

Participant
RSS Feed submitted a new Article:

One more thing... new Speed Page

new-speed-page@3x.png

Congratulations on making it through Speed Week. In the last week, Cloudflare has: described how our global network speeds up the Internet, launched a HTTP/2 prioritisation model that will improve web experiences on all browsers, launched an image resizing service which will deliver the optimal image to every device, optimized live video delivery, detailed how to stream progressive images so that they render twice as fast - using the flexibility of our new HTTP/2 prioritisation model and finally, prototyped a new over-the-wire format for JavaScript that could improve application start-up performance especially on mobile devices. As a bonus, we’re also rolling out one more new feature: “TCP Turbo” automatically chooses the TCP settings to further accelerate your website.

As a company, we want to help every one of our customers improve web experiences. The growth of Cloudflare, along with the increase in features, has often made simple questions difficult to answer:

• How fast is my website?
  • How should I be thinking about performance features?
  • How much faster would the site be if I were to enable a particular feature?

This post will describe the exciting changes we have made to the Speed Page on the Cloudflare dashboard to give our customers a much clearer understanding of how their websites are performing and how they can be made even faster. The new Speed Page consists of :

• A visual comparison of your website loading on Cloudflare, with caching enabled, compared to connecting directly to the origin.
  • The measured improvement expected if any performance feature is enabled.
  • A report describing how fast your website is on desktop and mobile.

We want to simplify the complexity of making web experiences fast and give our customers control. Take a look - We hope you like it....

Read more about this article here...