Official Style Feedback Thread

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
New style is awesome, good old feeling of TAZ is definately there with cool blue look ;)

Also there were Resources at Adminextra are there gone or we need special permissions to see those?
We'll be merging both our own resources and AE's over the next couple of weeks once we get most of this worked out. It should cut down on a few nodes.

TheRaj

Aspirant
We'll be merging both our own resources and AE's over the next couple of weeks once we get most of this worked out. It should cut down on a few nodes.
Its good to know that it will be back again, thanks for informing

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
I hope you can add the updated browser tab like AE had and I agree on the favicon missing.:)

Scott

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
No problem, Raj. It does depend on how fast we can address current issues.

s.molinari What do you mean by "updated browser tab"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
JAHU, we've disabled the hover needed for post options. They show up now regardless of where your mouse is. We'll be working on the brightness issue some of you are complaining about, but we'll need specific examples. I did ask one member today but have yet to receive a response. If you can take a screenshot and then point out what's bright, we can address the issue(s) with greater efficiency.

Also a big thank you to our theme developers, PixelExit (link -- PERuss & Qwk86gn), who are working alongside us to address issues. :D

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
I must say, it feels simply smoother and even faster now working with TAZ. And if feels like it is busier now too. Might just be the "newness" though. Still, I am happy you guys and gals changed to something more modern. I think it is a definite improvement.

Scott

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
I must say, it feels simply smoother and even faster now working with TAZ. And if feels like it is busier now too. Might just be the "newness" though. Still, I am happy you guys and gals changed to something more modern. I think it is a definite improvement.
Honestly (and this will bring out folks with the torches & pitchforks) but I can't stand to visit a vB board anymore. I MUCH prefer either XenForo or IP.Board.
Most of the old vB sites I used to haunt I don't even visit anymore it's that bad to me.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
I wouldn't say it is that bad for me yet and we don't want to get into another vB vs. the rest of the world discussion (and why I purposely avoided mentioning any software names;)), but yeah, I really understand where you are coming from.

Please though, enough on that. Let's concentrate on getting TAZ to where we want it to be.:)

This is just a very small wish, but any chance to get the max width lowered to around 1230px? Not really important, just feels a little too wide.:oops: Maybe I'll get used to it.....

Ahhh, lord bless the new "auto-save", I just refreshed the page out of habit screwing around with max-width in Developer Tools and voila, my post was still there waiting for me. Nice!:)

Scott

Honestly (and this will bring out folks with the torches & pitchforks) but I can't stand to visit a vB board anymore. I MUCH prefer either XenForo or IP.Board.
Most of the old vB sites I used to haunt I don't even visit anymore it's that bad to me.
I agree. Wholeheartedly.

I wouldn't even look at an IP.Board. At all. :D

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
CarlosX360 - IP.Board?

Ah, lord bless the new tagging function. Less quoting, more tagging please!!:D

Scott

What's so confusing about it?
He brought it up here:

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Because TPerry was saying he doesn't like using vB forums anymore, not IPB. He says he likes either XF or IPB, so you aren't agreeing with him and why your post makes little sense to me.

Scott

Greg

TAZ Rookie
I agree. Wholeheartedly.

I wouldn't even look at an IP.Board. At all. :D
For the life of me I just don't get this. The point of a forum software is to facilitate conversation. vB 3 series has done that well for years. Why is it so offensive now when it wasn't then?

Steve

Fanatic
Can we get back on track please :)? I keep getting alerts for this thread thinking people are having issues.

Because TPerry was saying he doesn't like using vB forums anymore, not IPB. He says he likes either XF or IPB, so you aren't agreeing with him and why your post makes little sense to me.
I'm agreeing with him about NOT liking vBulletin, I can't stand a vBulletin site anymore. I don't like IPBoard, but I do like xenForo. That is all.

Now can we please get back on topic?

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Can we get back on track please :)? I keep getting alerts for this thread thinking people are having issues.
OK... here's you a report. I'll leave it to you to guess what it is - and if you guess that they are white (when they should be dark) you will be correct. :p
Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 2.00.58 AM.png

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
You know what could be a cool feature? A simple button/ link "Go Private", which basically quotes the post you pressed the button on and turns it into a private conversation with the person who wrote the post.

Scott