Official Style Feedback Thread

Russ

Administrator
Probably a little to late to consider - but perhaps a double column styled nodelist would work better? Such styling would definitely decrease the page length anyway.

The page looks more complete with the descriptions added back in though. As an FYI - The Classifieds description will need to be revised once there's a paid subscription system put into place --- The More Information link still goes to the vBulletin payments.php
I mean our framework has dual 2 different dual columns built into it, I'm just personally not a fan of it myself haha, but again just my own opinion

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Chenyneh Kween ⚧
Added option for a "Sticky Nav" in your preferences. Try it out.. :)

View attachment 10325
Lovely! The only thing I'd suggest is to add a logo a miniature TAZ logo to the left of "Forums"
Otherwise - Gotta love this option. Very nice!

I mean our framework has dual 2 different dual columns built into it, I'm just personally not a fan of it myself haha, but again just my own opinion
The 2 column layout was used on AdEx. I thought it was really nice, as whenever I view the forum index/node list --- I rarely look at the last post info. I think the last post info is a bit redundant actually - and could be sacrificed for the 2 column layout. Like you say though - opinions opinions and more opinions LOL. I don't envy you guys' job - but hey. It's what you're getting paid the big bucks for lol

And wow. Wonderful framework. I'm not all too familiar with it - but wow. Super impressive!

J.

Steve

Fanatic
Screen of 2 column layout

upload_2014-6-5_23-24-45.png

I have also added a little detail to the nav when in sticky mode to help contrast it from the content.

PoetJC

I really do like the 2-column layout. It should make the vertical scroll much less, while allowing the descriptions to be included without lengthening the page much. I think it looks nice - though there seems to be a border issue of some sort in the screen.

I was gonna suggest adding the box-shadow element to the sticky nav = Looks much better now!

J.

Sherrie

Fan
The screenshot looks ok but It doesn't allow a listing of sub forums, I like to see the sub forums.

PoetJC

Hmmm - the screencap is from the PixelExit development board. I'm not even sure if that board had subforums. I wonder if including the subforums is part of the framework option, as I too like seeing the subforums listed.

J.

Steve

Fanatic
I really do like the 2-column layout. It should make the vertical scroll much less, while allowing the descriptions to be included without lengthening the page much. I think it looks nice - though there seems to be a border issue of some sort in the screen.

I was gonna suggest adding the box-shadow element to the sticky nav = Looks much better now!

J.
The thing with descriptions is they are never the same in height, so with that we would have to apply a min-height which then makes the nodes with smaller descriptions look out of character.

Yea the nav was blending in to much, I couldn't take it lol.

Sherrie

Fan
You can see in the screen shot that it has subforums (e.g. testing, testing) it just doesn't list them.

PoetJC

The thing with descriptions is they are never the same in height, so with that we would have to apply a min-height which then makes the nodes with smaller descriptions look out of character.

Yea the nav was blending in to much, I couldn't take it lol.
LOL! I had the same reaction with the menu I did here. Added a box-shadow and voila!
Maybe a work-around for the descriptions height might be to rework the descriptions so that each is approximately the same character count. It'll take a bit of doing - but it's definitely doable. And with all descriptions the same character count - it'll solve the issue of having to include a min-height attribute.

J.

PoetJC

You can see in the screen shot that it has subforums (e.g. testing, testing) it just doesn't list them.
Ooops. Didn't even realize that Sherrie. I've been at this desk too damn long = almost break time LOL
A visible subforum list would definitely be the better option imo anyway.

J.

Steve

Fanatic
Right, the way our option works in the framework when 2 column is enabled, it disables sub-forum lists and descriptions. It could be done but takes a lot more customising, basically you keep the nodes with sub-forum list to be 100% width instead of the 50%. Can be done just takes way more time.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Congrats on the migration. I like everything for the most part. Need to work with it some more to find any details I might think need improvement.

Nice work!:)

Scott

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Now looking at the index page for the first time, I'd have to agree with needing it be a bit more organized. So glad you are working on that.

Scott

PoetJC

A solid 'NO' from me on the double-layout. It looks messy.
LOL - Can't please everybody....unless of course the layout options were to be made a custom profile option :D

J.

TheRaj

Aspirant
New style is awesome, good old feeling of TAZ is definately there with cool blue look ;)

Also there were Resources at Adminextra are there gone or we need special permissions to see those?

Null

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ

Administrator
LOL - Can't please everybody....unless of course the layout options were to be made a custom profile option :D

J.
I suppose once they're doing re-organizing the main nodes we could look into it as an option if they want. Our framework lays out the node layouts easy enough to implement custom user fields super easy :).

PoetJC

I just wanted to say the forum looks really nice on my galaxy s5.
Told you! You'd be browsing the net on that beast of yours in no time flat hahahhaa.
Your post brings up an interesting point question though = How many of us will miss Tapatalk?

I suppose once they're doing re-organizing the main nodes we could look into it as an option if they want. Our framework lays out the node layouts easy enough to implement custom user fields super easy :).
Nice! Sounds awesome Russ!

J.