No good MyBB themes

s_sayan

Aspirant
I think you need to go with Xenforo. The designs are great most of the times. However, I have a Mybb forum with ''Inspired 2.0'' and I like it very much.

Take a look:

http://unlinkpeliculas.com/

I just don't understand why you don't like any Mybb theme. But, as I said before, Xenforo software offers gret themes. ;)

Nogitsune

Unleash The Beast....
I think you need to go with Xenforo. The designs are great most of the times. However, I have a Mybb forum with ''Inspired 2.0'' and I like it very much.

Take a look:

http://unlinkpeliculas.com/

I just don't understand why you don't like any Mybb theme. But, as I said before, Xenforo software offers gret themes. ;)

Umm no...just no.

90 percent of the Xenforo themes are simple variations of the default XF theme and they shoud NOT be charging 30-40 that someone threw a cute background and change the color of XF default theme.

wizard1974uk

Tazmanian Gremlin
Umm no...just no.

90 percent of the Xenforo themes are simple variations of the default XF theme and they shoud NOT be charging 30-40 that someone threw a cute background and change the color of XF default theme.

People can charge what they like, you don't have to buy ;)

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
But that implies piracy.

That's not what Rich is implying. No one is forcing you to spend money on a theme you seem unfit for your board. e.g. I don't like vBulletin, I won't use it and no one is forcing me to buy it.

TheHavoc

Neophyte
I think that it is most beneficial to make your own. I made my own and I have been very happy with it. Being able to customize and change it to my liking has been a great advantage. It does not take long to learn how either.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAXQsxaag0Y]How to make a MyBB theme [Pt. 1][/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRNQpW-W9c0]How to make a MyBB theme [Pt. 2][/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBslTeq3bIc]How to make a MyBB theme [Pt.3][/ame]

NBKTwitch

Aspirant
If you are not happy with any premade theme your best bet is to make your own custom theme. Or if you can pay for a custom theme. That way you get exactly what you are looking for.

LucianDev

Participant
I have to agree with you, when I frist started my MyBB board I had a really hard time find a nice theme that I like and what other members may like. I couldn't even find good theme's to pay for.
I found that Custom themes are very expensive, however I found more themes for boards that use IP.B / vBulletin, and even phpBB.
I wish they made more nice, professional looking themes for MyBB.

pavemen

Adherent
I have to agree with you, when I frist started my MyBB board I had a really hard time find a nice theme that I like and what other members may like. I couldn't even find good theme's to pay for.
I found that Custom themes are very expensive, however I found more themes for boards that use IP.B / vBulletin, and even phpBB.
I wish they made more nice, professional looking themes for MyBB.

and what is wrong with charging a fair rate for one's work? $7-20 is not too much IMHO for a nice well designed theme. $75-200 for a custom exclusive theme is not bad either. If you consider the hours invested, its a less-than-going rate.

But if you don't like it, as shown above, it is fairly easy to create/modify your own. If you can't work with basic HTML and CSS then what business do you have running a website anyway? MyBB is the simplest theme/template system out there.

LucianDev

Participant
and what is wrong with charging a fair rate for one's work? $7-20 is not too much IMHO for a nice well designed theme. $75-200 for a custom exclusive theme is not bad either. If you consider the hours invested, its a less-than-going rate.

But if you don't like it, as shown above, it is fairly easy to create/modify your own. If you can't work with basic HTML and CSS then what business do you have running a website anyway? MyBB is the simplest theme/template system out there.

Sites that I have seen that offer custom design's cost more along the lines for $300-500

Now if someone was offering a nice professional custom design for between the amounts of $7.00 - $75.00 is really good. I would pay that price yes, and depending on the design and professionalism. I would pay up to $200 for a theme.
I could very well, find a theme and customize it myself, sense I have experience with HTML, CSS, PHP and Photoshop, However I'm a very professional type person, I don't believe I can make exactly what I looking for. I feel as if I am better off explain to another professional designer in what I am looking for and seeing an example of the work then paying for it.

runemasterz

Neophyte
Why not just make your own css, and img, from PS, its easy and less cost..
that or just try to learn it at-least

esquire

Habitué
I've been searching for a good couple of hours now and I haven't found a single good MyBB theme that I personally like - that's both free and premium themes.
Is it just me?
Generally you get what you pay for.

DMVShore

Aspirant
I've found some that aren't bad...heck, even some that I like...but always some sort of dysfunction with a mod I'm running...and I'm wayyyy too busy to go edit the scripts.