No good MyBB themes

nik93

Participant
I also tried searching, but nothing could find, If it is phpbb then there are so many wonderful themes. I am not getting why Mybb doesn't had best themes. The free ones shows very ugly and monetizing is hard on those themes. I planned to make a theme or buy theme, but hiring to make a theme will cost more.
Because it's a pain in the ass to make a custom theme for Mybb(not an edited version of the default theme). I think many designers have had a look at "how to make a theme for Mybb" and when you finally find out how, the feeling is like :hissy: . But it's a matter of getting accustomed.
You will surely find more themes for SMF and phpBB

Sladex

Neophyte
Its extremely diffucult to make a theme from scratch, but editing a free theme to how you want is easy. I started mine from scratch and it was a pain to do but u will feel alot better when u have a theme that you buildt

radu81

Fan
Unfortunately only a few decently themed phpBB forums came to my eyes. MyBB has much more beautiful theme and in plenty. Check the Audentio website, you will see how good they are. There also Apart series of themes by Justin. Simply and professional. I am not much exposed to source but MyBB does have many beautiful themes.
Not agree with that, just give a look at rockettheme.com. Best templates for phpBB and of course you'll need a subscription, quality works cost.
I prefer smf or mybb instead of phpBB, but in my opinion the last one has best templates available.

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Should check. I have always ignored phpBB to a great extent due to some bad reviews I happened to see. I am a happy user of SMF.

radu81

Fan
I start my first forum on phpBB 2 back in 2005 or so, been hacked twice, in the end I closed that forum and switched to smf. I'm happy with it, but Dziner themes are not as good and beautiful as rocket themes. There is a lot of work to do to arrive at their level. I'll be glad to find similar themes for smf
I helped a friend with a phpBB 3 forum, it's not so bad as everyone says here, but I still prefer smf or mybb

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Dzinerstudio themes use a bit more black. They are darker even in lighter shade themes. I like bloc themes more, a bit more colourful.

radu81

Fan
Dziner themes are not responsive.. There are no smf templates with bootstrap integrated. It's not how they look but how are coded
P. S. If I remember well bloc themes is closed

envira

Aspirant
You guys should check out MySkins before making decisions :p
Navigate through our premium theme section , and you can find solution to your search.
regards

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
MyBB is one of the easiest themes to create! You should just make your own if you don't like the current ones. Here is a great vid tut for it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAXQsxaag0Y

Last edited by a moderator:

envira

Aspirant
Well Mr.Dilip , one month last post never means its an old thread, if you still say it is old, i can get my hidden answers correct.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Well Mr.Dilip , one month last post never means its an old thread, if you still say it is old, i can get my hidden answers correct.
Perhaps Dilip should have said, "Envira, please do not bump old threads for the sake of spamming your site link." ;)

Celcius

Neophyte
It's either getting down to business and making it yourself or paying for one jack :D i'd suggest first option much more fun.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Wow... Just wow.... It was an 'old' thread at one month, you just rebumped it after 4 months :banghead:
A thread that hasn't had a response in one month is not necessarily considered and old thread.
And even if the thread was old - TAZ has no rules against bumping old threads.
Anyway - welcome to TAZ :)

J.

iOSInterest

Neophyte
A thread that hasn't had a response in one month is not necessarily considered and old thread.
And even if the thread was old - TAZ has no rules against bumping old threads.
Anyway - welcome to TAZ :)

J.
Ahh sorry :)
I'll have to reread the rules, I'm used to most forums having that rule :)

Sorry again!