No good MyBB themes

Aphex

Aspirant
I've been searching for a good couple of hours now and I haven't found a single good MyBB theme that I personally like - that's both free and premium themes.

Is it just me?

Lycaon

Devotee
Why don't you find one close to what you like and alter it to suit?

Aphex

Aspirant
Yeah, none of them really appeal to me. Furthermore, I'm not interested in paying for a theme =)

Meandor

Participant
Or try building your own? I'm scripting my own for my next project as well since i don't like any of the free themes either. Plus it gives your forum a special touch that a standard theme won't give :)

Aphex

Aspirant
Creating a custom theme isn't a bad idea, though I'm not creative, so I wouldn't know where to start =P

forumhookers

Enthusiast
There are many tutorials available around the net so that you can make custom theme on your own.

JoshH99

Team MyBB
Creating a custom theme isn't a bad idea, though I'm not creative, so I wouldn't know where to start =P
I had the same problem. I wanted to create myself a custom theme, but design just isn't my strongest point (especially graphics).

I got the Audentio theme when there was a 50% off sale, so I got 3 colors for $12.

adbrad

Habitué
I had my theme custum designed and edited certain bits to my liking Ie adding the side bar.

RoryT

Aspirant
Those Audentio themes are pretty awesome. I might try and create my own theme, then if that all goes wrong, buy one from Audentio and customise. I have basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, so I guess attempting to build my own theme would be a great way to develop my skills.

StateDOG

New Beginnings...
Yeah, none of them really appeal to me. Furthermore, I'm not interested in paying for a theme =)
Ah, so you're looking to find something really nice looking and free. That's becoming harder and harder to do these days. But there are some good values out there, but great and free is a tall order.

StateDOG

New Beginnings...
Is 2.0 still at least a year and a half away? I know 2.0 has been talked about for over a yearm or so now. But now we're waiting on 1.8 in the mean time, and there's still not a solid estimate on 1.8's release, right?

TronXD

Aspirant
Is 2.0 still at least a year and a half away? I know 2.0 has been talked about for over a yearm or so now. But now we're waiting on 1.8 in the mean time, and there's still not a solid estimate on 1.8's release, right?
Yeah it is still going to be a long time until 2.0 and 1.8 will be a while but they are major updates so I am fine with the wait.

sunsettommy

Enthusiast
myBB has been setting out the next major version every two years thus 1.8 will be this year and 2.0 next year.