Question No Drama Queen or Meh?

geebee

Fan
Well I guess this explains why I could not find them. :(

Seems a little bit pathetic really.
Anyone worried about the odd Meh or Drama Queen probably should not be posting in internet forums, god knows how they survive in real life.

I got my fair share of both, and pretty much just thought Meh ....

Meh...

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
It appears I've entered a different dimension...

Anonymous

Habitué
Seems a little bit pathetic really.
Anyone worried about the odd Meh or Drama Queen probably should not be posting in internet forums, god knows how they survive in real life.
Now we have anonymous to troll with! :D

dieKetzer

Adherent
punishing the userbase at large rather than the people that 'abuse' things has always seemed back assward to me.

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master
Well the first step of course is deal with a individual first. But if many many abuse it, then of course the only action is to remove it, to save the staff time on dealing with it.

dieKetzer

Adherent
Taking away a "Drama Queen" and "Meh" post rating is a form of punishment? o_O
i was referring to the warning that anonymous posting would be taken away if it was 'abused' (whatever that means). but sure, you can throw former post ratings in there as well. taking away features that many people like simply because you dont like the way some people use them is indeed akin to punishment.

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
Ahh, I thought you meant the post ratings and I sort of got the picture in my head of it being like punishing a sadist by taking away their whip.

Anonymous posting is most likely going to stay though, if it starts getting abused then we will start dealing with those who abuse it rather than just taking it away. It's sort of hard to do that with ratings however, especially when they're ratings that are perceived as "negative" to begin with.

Liam Madness

Enthusiast
I think the drama queen rating is a bit insulting. Not so much to the person it is used on but adults using a phrase like 'drama queen' just sounds rather juvenile.

I do think bring Meh back is something that isn't that bad. Meh is not any worse than disagreeing with someone.

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
i was referring to the warning that anonymous posting would be taken away if it was 'abused' (whatever that means). but sure, you can throw former post ratings in there as well. taking away features that many people like simply because you don't like the way some people use them is indeed akin to punishment.

Anonymous posting was used without significant problem on TAZ for many years. The reason it was removed was purely to do with our conversion to XenForo - there were logistical issues that had to be worked out. Now it's back. It's not a problem for the staff to identify misuse and correct it.

Harassment using the post rating system is much more insidious. There's simply no way to demonstrate what a person's intent is when they give a rating, nor what it's actual effect on the recipient is.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
So, you aren't worried at all about the abuse of anonymous posting, but yet you are worried about the abuse of meh or drama queen post ratings, and so they get removed, but anonymous posting stays? I don't get it.

o_O

Scott

Justin

*Insert witty title here*
So, you aren't worried at all about the abuse of anonymous posting, but yet you are worried about the abuse of meh or drama queen post ratings, and so they get removed, but anonymous posting stays? I don't get it.
Anonymous posting is able to be monitored. We can easily see whose posted the post and if there is an issue, it can be dealt with. There also, have been no harassment issues within the feature and I doubt there will be any.

Those specific post ratings on the other hand were used to an extreme to upset, and harass other members. Therefore, the situation dealt with accordingly. If problems occur with the anonymous posting across the board, we will do the same.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Those specific post ratings on the other hand were used to an extreme to upset, and harass other members.
Ok, I don't read all posts here, but I never noticed this "extreme" abuse. And certainly, if someone was complaining about someone else extremely abusing the ratings, there could be policies, methods and practices to warn and/ or punish the abuser too.

Scott

Justin

*Insert witty title here*
Ok, I don't read all posts here, but I never noticed this "extreme" abuse. And certainly, if someone was complaining about someone else extremely abusing the ratings, there could be policies, methods and practices to warn and/ or punish the abuser too.

Scott
There were acts of moderation done over the post ratings, as for warnings those were sent as well..but believe it or not, forum admins don't generally take to warnings much. Overtime it just got pointless to moderate globally... so it's been secluded to specific areas we feel fit best.

dieKetzer

Adherent

Scott
apparently some thin-skinned people got butthurt over some post ratings.