Question No Drama Queen or Meh?

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
The whole affair is a tad ridiculous. A few isolated events aren't bad. If someone was going around downvoting every post by a particular user, then that would constitute an abuse. I remember someone doing just that 1 or 2 months ago. It was in the XF vs. vB vol. 23 thread.

Though I suppose if this were real life, we could swing it towards a Lord of the Flies storyline.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
It was more than one, but yeah some bad apples spoil the bunch.
If you want to get super technical, there's a fine line between rot and fermentation. I'd say there was a few fermenting apples that became cider. Enough to post others in a dozy and land on their bottoms after having too many run ins with the "cider." You know, because arguing with a drunk is like talking to a brick wall.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
That's how things normally work though, isn't it?
Shame really.
Yes, but it would be better if the rating system could be disabled for the people abusing the rating system and not be forced to distribute nice ratings to everyone. I'm surprised the rating plugin system doesn't allow disabling for certain people, and that changes to it affect everyone.

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master
Your not forced to distribute nice ratings to everyone, either give them a nice rating, or don't rate it at all, simple.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Your not forced to distribute nice ratings to everyone, either give them a nice rating, or don't rate it at all, simple.

But some people do deserve a meh or drama queen every now and then too. Even I do.:)

At any rate. The bad apples could have been warned, punished, admonished, whatever. Guess that would have been too much work though?

Scott

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
I was going by your example. Which I agree with. The entire idea behind ratings is to reduce unnecessary spammy posts and keep the discussion on topic. I think we were all plagued by those stupid "+1" posts of the mid 2000s which drove forum modifications for a simple thanks or thumbs up. The same concept applies to the other ratings. I shouldn't have to post a "thanks" in words to a post that answered my question.

VonDoom

XenForo FTW
I found your post funny, and rated it as such.
I found your post Informative and rated it as such.. (oh boy this could get convoluted quickly.) :whistle: Actually i just want my Active Member badge back.. So im productively spamming these posts. lol

Sheldon

Fan
But some people do deserve a meh or drama queen every now and then too. Even I do.:)

At any rate. The bad apples could have been warned, punished, admonished, whatever. Guess that would have been too much work though?

Scott

I agree (and yes, rated it as such) with everything you said.

tomk

Adherent
I once got a drama queen rating..it was hell, I couldn't sleep for weeks, lost a ton of weight, was not able to go to work, started drinking again, had to start seeing my shrink again, life was hell, I had a hard time justifying going on with life after that. Took me months to recover from that rating...

I was actually happy to see drama queen gone, but I was hoping it would have been replaced with Troll.

In all seriousness, what does giving someone a drama queen rating actually do? Not like it down votes the thread/posts and moves it to the 32nd page or anything right?

Russ

Administrator
The way I see it... it only brought more "drama" to the forums than good. I think TAZ should be a welcoming place to discuss all things forum related.

If this was a different niche, a general talk, gaming site then absolutely I could see the need for more negative post ratings. Heck even the site where the add-on was derived from only has a disagree and a dumb post rating in terms of "non-positive":

Screenshot_7.png

I think for now TAZ should consider this a "No Thanks" suggestion and see what comes of it. Last time it was removed it was gone for a few days if I'm not mistaken, I could be totally wrong.

Give it a few weeks to see how the community does and I really doubt people will be upset about the ability to rate a post as drama. And all that being said I too have used it in the past but it's one of those things I don't see the big deal about it being gone.

Bram

Enthusiast
I once got a drama queen rating..it was hell, I couldn't sleep for weeks, lost a ton of weight, was not able to go to work, started drinking again, had to start seeing my shrink again, life was hell, I had a hard time justifying going on with life after that. Took me months to recover from that rating...
aestore.eclipse.net.uk_WebRoot_Eclipse_Shops_956898_4CE3_C17A_13dff3e5d7f4b2f254c4b1c83ccdd072.jpg

You took your shirt off and all was fine :)

Sherrie

Fan
I would never allow them or a dislike button on my forum because it does not fit.

The first time they were removed here I was a bit bummed. Someone had said something in reply to me that was really meh and I went to press it for the first time and it wasn't there! I was very happy the next time that happened it was back!

But I have noticed recently what looked like a member was being harassed in all of his posts which is a shame.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
I think instead of a Meh one... we need a bad apple one. :whistle:
Wouldn't mind one with a donkey head - could phrase it to "Quit being a jack ass". Now, time to go off and find one.