No Comment

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
This is a question for you blog owners out there :)

When you work as hard as you work at writing and submitting a blog posts and you don't get even one comment on it, does that tend to discourage you from continuing to make more new blogs?

cheat_master30

I guess it discourages me a bit, but at present I've got two comment systems working at once, one being forum replies and one blog comments. Usually at least one of these gets a reply.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
Me personally, I find blogs more of a reading site than a comment site. However, I would love to see the methods other bloggers use to encourage comments and discussions.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
I don't really worry about blog comments, I tend to turn them off in fact.
This is mainly due to spam, as I simply don't want to deal with the hassle of spambots running around unchecked.

bellcoder

Aspirant
It could be discouraging is you continue to post new entries and none gets a replay and more importantly a share on social media sites.

DanielGarneau

Enthusiast
I don't really worry about blog comments, I tend to turn them off in fact.
This is mainly due to spam, as I simply don't want to deal with the hassle of spambots running around unchecked.

That's basically where I stand too. The only place where you can write comments on my site is on a page for «Questions and comments» in the About section. On the other hand I am currently trying to find some meaningful ways to make my site more interactive. I don't find it obvious at all.

What does encourage me is that the number of visitors to my site are slowly but steadily increasing.