No access to previous versions of IPB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

Participant
I have active license and money is no problem - have also vBulletin 3, 4 and 5 licenses. That is princip because company policy can not be to steal money from customers. People must write about that and unlegal business. And costs is 70 USD per year for IPS.
Just want my files on my desktop! If you like to have your money in anothers pocket that i understand and accept your decision and your trust.
IPS become money hungry company and want our money in their pockets. They can not protect own files ( all versions and plugins and apps are on internet for downloading) - why i must trust them?
I must have choice to install what i want and what i paid for that!
I sympathize with you. Please do not assume that I am not without sympathy.

If you have a smartphone, such as Android or iOS, you are mostly dependent on their marketplace. Without notice or reason, the developer or the marketplace can discontinue the apps you purchase. My favorite Android app is known as "Cleaner- Booster" (com.tohsoft.cleaner.pro). I have never found a program to do such a thorough cleaning. It is far superior when compared to Google Files or Ccleaner. When the developer discontinued the app (for reasons unknown), it did not please me to know that I could not redownload or install my app. I was fortunate to have the technical skills to isolate the app and save it in the cloud.

My point being, we all take such risk whenever we purchase anything digitally online. It may not always be fair, and we may not always face a favorable outcome. But it is the world we live in, and we accept it by participating within it. Generally speaking, I have to assume everyone knows the risk anytime they purchase something digitally online.

bosss

Aspirant
I sympathize with you. Please do not assume that I am not without sympathy.

If you have a smartphone, such as Android or iOS, you are mostly dependent on their marketplace. Without notice or reason, the developer or the marketplace can discontinue the apps you purchase. My favorite Android app is known as "Cleaner- Booster" (com.tohsoft.cleaner.pro). I have never found a program to do such a thorough cleaning. It is far superior when compared to Google Files or Ccleaner. When the developer discontinued the app (for reasons unknown), it did not please me to know that I could not redownload or install my app. I was fortunate to have the technical skills to isolate the app and save it in the cloud.

My point being, we all take such risk whenever we purchase anything digitally online. It may not always be fair, and we may not always face a favorable outcome. But it is the world we live in, and we accept it by participating within it. Generally speaking, I have to assume everyone knows the risk anytime they purchase something digitally online.
Understand but people who purchase files digitally also want copy of purchased files on their deskops or harddisk (that is their legal right) but there is companies like IPS who do not care about that - they want our money and help to customers who made something wrong = no chance!
I wrote about that on IPS site and they moved my topics and posts - got two warnings for my feedbacks and describing of problem - should kiss their asses - should got some likes ...

Download to paid apps must be accessable to customers or clients if we speak about honesty companies! But honesty companies need honesty management, so simple!

Soulwatcher

Devotee
I don't understand why this is still a thing. We're talking about the price of four big mac meals, and you get the latest up to date code.

we_are_borg

Administrator
I don't understand why this is still a thing. We're talking about the price of four big mac meals, and you get the latest up to date code.
Because for some its more then that the full suite is $105 per 6 months, for some $70 per 6 months if they do not have ecommerce. So no for some its much more.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
At which point I’d start asking: are you actually using those features? e.g. If you’re not using blogs, get it removed from the account.

Soulwatcher

Devotee
Because for some its more then that the full suite is $105 per 6 months, for some $70 per 6 months if they do not have ecommerce. So no for some its much more.
I get that $105 is a lot of money, but hobbies cost money. If you're a gamer and like Call of Duty, it's $60 for the base game and another $50 for the season pass for one year. And that's if you don't buy anything else for the game. And that's just one game. Most people buy more than one game every month.

And that's just one example of a hobby and there are a lot of other hobbies that cost a ton more every month. I don't drink I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I don't buy video games, and I don't have any other hobbies. And to top it off I live below poverty level and my forum renewals are a bargain if you ask me.

P.S. This post isn't aimed at anyone it's just my personal thoughts.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
Here’s the thing: $105 over 6 months is $17.50 a month. Even factoring in hosting, let’s call it $30 a month... that’s still a cheaper hobby than playing AAA games, and you have to factor in relative enjoyment from it.

No one _forces_ any of us to be admins.

we_are_borg

Administrator
I get that $105 is a lot of money, but hobbies cost money. If you're a gamer and like Call of Duty, it's $60 for the base game and another $50 for the season pass for one year. And that's if you don't buy anything else for the game. And that's just one game. Most people buy more than one game every month.

And that's just one example of a hobby and there are a lot of other hobbies that cost a ton more every month. I don't drink I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I don't buy video games, and I don't have any other hobbies. And to top it off I live below poverty level and my forum renewals are a bargain if you ask me.

P.S. This post isn't aimed at anyone it's just my personal thoughts.
Yes $105 is a lot of money but if its for a hobby its not that much. But do not forget not everything is a hobby, site i work on is for a project and we are dependent on gifts and can only spend it once. Then it becomes another ball game.

bosss

Aspirant
I never wrote about costs and money - yes, about how IPS stealing money from clients.

haqzore

Devotee
The costs, renewals and time frames are not secret or hidden.

If an admin finds themselves unable to renew, they don't have to (immediately).

If an admin finds themselves unable to renew, but they HAVE to for some reason, they chose the wrong software.

Last edited:

bosss

Aspirant
I can repeat - because someone need more time and someone less time to understand!
I know that are renews to get latest apps or plugins but You must understand that we should have access to our paid files for period when we had licences- why i can not download IPS 4.4.10 from my client area and make myself decision if i want install or not, same for my paid files in marketplace (why i can not download versions before what worked fine on my site?)
Because someone (IPS) is money hungry and have unlegal policy! So simple! I speak about download for paid files, not cost and renews!
Must i repeat one more time = no problem!
Must i kiss someone's (IPS) ass = no chance!
Criticsm on their site is not welcome (topics are moved and closed).

Last edited:

Bionic Rooster

Adherent
yes, about how IPS stealing money from clients.

Because someone (IPS) is money hungry and have unlegal policy!
Just quoting the last 2 accusations which are your opinion. In all the repeated claims you have made like this you have not provided any proof, legal proof, that IPS policy is illegal nor have you provided any proof they are stealing from their clients. So unless you can actually provide proof of your claims your constant harassment of IPS does nothing but discredit yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.