vBulletin Newsletter [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTERiS

Participant
ChrisTERiS submitted a new resource:

Newsletter - Forum Activity Newsletter

I'm offering my hard work for free, without even a single copyright line in footer, expecting that some of you will appreciate the time that I spent for coding it and they will donate something.
1.- What's this?

With this AddOn you can sends Newsletters to your Members, informing then for the latest activity in your forums.

2.- Features
  • Custom Header/Footer
  • CSS file to change the look and...
Read more about this resource...

CyberJoe

Enthusiast
I like this. Can you maybe technically give a bit more info.
Does it generate a final HTML file, which is then converted and included as the mail? The reason for asking, I use a custom built system, but it is a bit of a process and it runs completely using PHPList. Part of my process is to retrieve the top threads, the system then builds a standalone HTML page, which I include using PHPList and that gets sent out.

ChrisTERiS

Participant
Does it generate a final HTML file,....
Exactly. Actually it generates 2 versions of the same email:
  1. With Ads
  2. Without Ads
and saves the email template in TABLE_PREFIX_newsletter_newsletters. When the system sends the email, depending on usergroup permissions, sends the corresponding email type.

CyberJoe

Enthusiast
Exactly. Actually it generates 2 versions of the same email:
  1. With Ads
  2. Without Ads
and saves the email template in TABLE_PREFIX_newsletter_newsletters. When the system sends the email, depending on usergroup permissions, sends the corresponding email type.
Thanks

The system I use copies all new users from the Vbulletin database to PHPList, and then the sending, bounce and unsubscription management is handled by PHPList.

Will have a look at this, I like the additional features, the current system only includes to top 40 threads for the past 7 days.

ChrisTERiS

Participant
The system I use copies all new users from the Vbulletin database to PHPList, and then the sending, bounce and unsubscription management is handled by PHPList.
Just my opinion. First try to use it as is. Don't misunderstand the fact that is free. It has many features like: Bounches, send emails in parts to avoid hosting limitations etc. My other newsletter (Mailinglist Manager) even has a feature to send by your mobile a message to a specific email address of your site and then redistribute it to a specific mailinglist (or all mailinglists).

ChrisTERiS

Participant
Where is the information about the Pro version?
There is no PRO version. Just edited the text and sorry for my mistake. All features has been included in the Free version. Many times I had in plans to release a PRO version as a way to have an income from my work, but finally I was adding the features in the free version.

PS: Still using vB? :) I remember you years ago from vb.org. Even since vB3 era if I remember well.

Chris

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
I am still using vBulletin 4.2.5, yes, after starting with about version 3.01.

I actually used (or purchased the Pro version) of your newsletter and tried it out a few years back but couldn't get it to work the way I wanted. I personally don't like the way the Dragonbyte version works but it does work (sort of). I haven't yet found a replacement for the old CommBull 4.5 newsletter, which stopped working eventually on newer vBulletin 4 versions.

I'll give yours another shot. It does seem to have the features I want, from the list.

Thank you for posting this.

BGObsession

Enthusiast
Man - how did I miss this mod? I have a 4.2.5 board on 7.0 php. I'm also going to give this a try. Bought DBTech's newsletter mod but it took me weeks to get it to work and it's still pretty shaky as to who it sends to and when. I'll let you all know if I can get this going and how it goes. Thanks!

ChrisTERiS

Participant
Man - how did I miss this mod? I have a 4.2.5 board on 7.0 php. I'm also going to give this a try. Bought DBTech's newsletter mod but it took me weeks to get it to work and it's still pretty shaky as to who it sends to and when. I'll let you all know if I can get this going and how it goes. Thanks!
At vB.org I never had more than 4 simultaneous active mods. Was impossible to support all of them. Thus when I was adding a new one, I was removing the older active (or the less popular). Now, as vB market has (unfortunatelly) shrinked I can release all, even for version 3. Just need free time to do it. There are another 40 waiting in queue for release. Not an easy job.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
At vB.org I never had more than 4 simultaneous active mods. Was impossible to support all of them. Thus when I was adding a new one, I was removing the older active (or the less popular). Now, as vB market has (unfortunatelly) shrinked I can release all, even for version 3. Just need free time to do it. There are another 40 waiting in queue for release. Not an easy job.
Christos,

I am very happy to see you here providing products and support for vB products. Your work has always been top-notch from what I've seen and the support you provide is excellent. We are fortunate to have you contributing here. :cool:

ChrisTERiS

Participant
Christos,

I am very happy to see you here providing products and support for vB products. Your work has always been top-notch from what I've seen and the support you provide is excellent. We are fortunate to have you contributing here. :cool:
Same feelings here Mark. I'm glad to see you here. Sure I'm disappointed from IB actions, but still love vBulletin, and even if I'm working mostly on PHP and WHMCS now, I'll never give up vBulletin. Like the first love in life. You never forget it even if you're on another way.

Same applies for all other vB staff that stepped down. With most of them, it came the time that I argued with them, have been disappointed, but I never forget that they're the pioneers. And somehow I'm a military style person. I respect pioneers.

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
Just installed this and trying to set it up.

vBulletin 4.2.5 with Blog and CMS.

Apache, MariaDB 10.0.31, PHP 7.1.7

Getting these errors in the ACP trying to configure it - when I say I'm getting these errors, I mean they are displayed in the right panel as soon as I click on those settings categories, so I can't even configure them:

Schedule Newsletters
Code:
syntax error, unexpected 'new' (T_NEW) on line 147 in /home/psychlin/public_html/forum/newsletter/functions.php
#0 {main}

Preview Newsletter

Code:
syntax error, unexpected 'new' (T_NEW) on line 147 in /home/psychlin/public_html/forum/newsletter/functions.php
#0 {main}
Blacklisted Emails
Code:
#0 {main}
Newsletters Archive
Code:
#0 {main}

doubt

Tazmanian
Code:
#0 {main}
Something is missing or there is something unexpected on line 147 or before line 147.

ChrisTERiS

Participant
Code:
#0 {main}
Something is missing or there is something unexpected on line 147 or before line 147.
Please unzip the attached file and upload functions.php to newsletter/ directory.
Let me know if fixed.

Attachments

ChrisTERiS

Participant
And just for your information if you see the same error in any script. In PHP 7 (and I think 5.6) &new is not supporting. You must remove the symbol &
eg
Old style:
Code:
$bbcode_parser =& new vB_BbCodeParser($vbulletin, fetch_tag_list());
New Style:
Code:
$bbcode_parser = new vB_BbCodeParser($vbulletin, fetch_tag_list());
The only difference is that in PHP 5.6 the error message is more understandable "new : not supporting by refference".
I wrote "in any script" because "new" is used to initialize a class. eg phpMailer uses:
Code:
$mail = new PHPMailer();

Status
Not open for further replies.