new sound card!

zoldos

Lord Malleus
Love this thing! I haven't had a sound card for years. It's PCI-x 1x and is a quad-core. Plus it has "3D" surround. Gaming is on a whole new level now! :)

Creative_SoundBlaster_Recon3D_3.JPG

Karll

Adherent
And it's a good, old Sound Blaster!

I was just watching a Youtube vid the other day with a guy explaining why sound cards for the most part wasn't a thing any more. Something about the cards being integrated into the motherboards for a fraction of the price.

zoldos

Lord Malleus
And it's a good, old Sound Blaster!

I was just watching a Youtube vid the other day with a guy explaining why sound cards for the most part wasn't a thing any more. Something about the cards being integrated into the motherboards for a fraction of the price.
Yes a lot of motherboards will have HD sound integrated. But this uses CPU and can sometimes not work good, esp. when gaming. The card I got (yes Sound Blaster!) actually off-loads all sound processing from the CPU to it's own processors which can increase gaming performance. Plus it has true 3D surround sound, even on basic 2.1 speakers.

I've also noticed while playing music, an increase in sound quality over the integrated sound. :)

Overall, I'm very pleased with it!!