New free mybb forum host MyFreeBB

gavpeds

Enthusiast
Sorry all scraped the site. script maker support was not great. Also seems the need for free forum hosts is no longer that great.

HallofFamer

Habitué
Do you offer paid services for users migrating away from you to their own server? Some forum hosts like zetaboards still won't allow that, but people find a way to do this anyway.

R44

Asperger's Network? Absolutely.
Do you offer paid services for users migrating away from you to their own server? Some forum hosts like zetaboards still won't allow that, but people find a way to do this anyway.

The site was scrapped

bucket

badge consultant
Sorry all.... scrapped the site. script maker support was not great. Also seems the need for free forum hosts is no longer that great.

I would be interested in reading more about this. either here, or on a blog somewhere. problems you had (besides lack of customers), things you learned, advertising issues, customer pros and cons, what you would do differently, technical setup and issues, etc.

I think it would be interesting for the TAZ readers. if you're willing to share it.

BarneyL

Enthusiast
I think the need for QUALITY free forum hosts IS great. Too many look, well... chintzy.

Andrea Borman

Aspirant
Cannot get onto the site cyberpedz, as the link is either broken or the URL has been changed! I read the terms of service for it and they are fa too strict for e and most people.
I mean the bit that says not to allow your members to flame or troll. FFS it's a forum, you cannot stop members freedom of speech and it's up to us admins to decide who is trolling not the forum host.

Also any inactive forums are deleted after a month, that's aother reason not to go with that host. Sometimes forums do become inactive as members have their own lives and cannot always post every day.
So I say give this one a miss folks. At least with Proboards or Forumotion they don't delete you for inactivity and your members can post what they want, within reason of course!
But then if you want full control over your forum-Host it yourself though a paid web host. Then you don't have to answer to anybody.

gavpeds

Enthusiast
Cannot get onto the site cyberpedz, as the link is either broken or the URL has been changed! I read the terms of service for it and they are fa too strict for e and most people.
I mean the bit that says not to allow your members to flame or troll. FFS it's a forum, you cannot stop members freedom of speech and it's up to us admins to decide who is trolling not the forum host.

Also any inactive forums are deleted after a month, that's aother reason not to go with that host. Sometimes forums do become inactive as members have their own lives and cannot always post every day.
So I say give this one a miss folks. At least with Proboards or Forumotion they don't delete you for inactivity and your members can post what they want, within reason of course!
But then if you want full control over your forum-Host it yourself though a paid web host. Then you don't have to answer to anybody.

Sorry all scraped the site. script maker support was not great. Also seems the need for free forum hosts is no longer that great.

Andrea Borman

Aspirant
cyberpedz said:
Well certainly not that forum host.