New Database Error - Just Started Today

Sufikation

Participant
My email has been blowing up since 5am with these error messages and my site just went down. Any suggestions?

First this:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.2:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT subscribeforumid
FROM subscribeforum AS subscribeforum
LEFT JOIN user AS user ON (user.userid=subscribeforum.userid)
WHERE subscribeforumid = bf1f06df62a5
AND subscribeforum.userid = 0;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'bf1f06df62a5' in 'where clause'
Error Number : 1054
Request Date : Thursday, December 25th 2014 @ 12:42:11 PM
Error Date : Thursday, December 25th 2014 @ 12:42:11 PM
Script : http://honda208.com/mobiquo/mobiquo.php
Referrer :
IP Address : *********
Username : Unregistered
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :

Then this:

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111
/var/www/h208/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 317

MySQL Error :
Error Number :
Request Date : Thursday, December 25th 2014 @ 06:11:07 PM
Error Date : Thursday, December 25th 2014 @ 06:11:07 PM
Script : http://www.honda208.com/forum.php
Referrer :
IP Address : *********
Username :
MySQL Version :

Last edited by a moderator:

marcgo15

Adherent
The second error looks like MySQL stop running. Can you check cPanel and see if it's still up?

Sufikation

Participant
All I have is access to stuff thru filezilla. Could I do anything from there? Atleast shut the site down so I can stop getting all these emails, lol.

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
Edit your /includes/config.php file.

Comment out the line with your email address.

To comment out a line just add // to the very beginning of the line.

Don't edit the file with Windows Notepad though, if in Windows download Notepad2 or Notepad++, both are free.

That will stop the emails.

Sufikation

Participant
Edit your /includes/config.php file.

Comment out the line with your email address.

To comment out a line just add // to the very beginning of the line.

Don't edit the file with Windows Notepad though, if in Windows download Notepad2 or Notepad++, both are free.

That will stop the emails.
Should I remove the mobiquo file from my directory as well to get rid of tapatalk?

Sufikation

Participant
Also this is the line #317 that the one error refers to.

$link = $this->functions[$usepconnect ? 'pconnect' : 'connect']("$servername:$port", $username, $password);

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
Should I remove the mobiquo file from my directory as well to get rid of tapatalk?
Wouldn't hurt- it would also stop the errors and disable tapatalk.

$link = $this->functions[$usepconnect ? 'pconnect' : 'connect']("$servername:$port", $username, $password);
Yes but the error isn't with the code- likely you can't connect to the MySQL server because of the errors. Nothing you can do about that in the vBulletin code- you need to restart MySQL or talk to your host.

Robust

Developer
First one: Disable Tapatalk from vBulletin. You can remove the directory, but if it is removed the plugin won't be working and using the directory, so the directory basically becomes a waste of space, at worst. Disable this then we can look at #2 if it's still occurring. Give us an error.log of mysql please, relevant to the parts when this error occurs (as of system time, use the date command).

That just means the line where the error popped up from, the PHP for it is fine, there isn't an issue with the line, just a bad connection and an error triggered after it was ran. Nothing you can do. You need root access to debug further, contact your host.

Sufikation

Participant
Wouldn't hurt- it would also stop the errors and disable tapatalk.
Yes but the error isn't with the code- likely you can't connect to the MySQL server because of the errors. Nothing you can do about that in the vBulletin code- you need to restart MySQL or talk to your host.
Ok I removed the mobiquo file via filezilla. How the heck to I restart MySQL?

Sufikation

Participant
First one: Disable Tapatalk from vBulletin. You can remove the directory, but if it is removed the plugin won't be working and using the directory, so the directory basically becomes a waste of space, at worst. Disable this then we can look at #2 if it's still occurring. Give us an error.log of mysql please, relevant to the parts when this error occurs (as of system time, use the date command).
I removed the file from the server, I cant access any other means of doing it. I will see if I can figure out the error log.

Sufikation

Participant
With the tapatalk files gone I am still getting this, I assume everytime someone tries to log on.

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111
/var/www/h208/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 317

MySQL Error :
Error Number :
Request Date : Thursday, December 25th 2014 @ 07:12:57 PM
Error Date : Thursday, December 25th 2014 @ 07:12:57 PM
Script : http://www.honda208.com/member.php?15-JDM-LUDE&tab=activitystream&type=friends&page=12
Referrer :
IP Address : **********
Username :
MySQL Version :

Guess I am stuck waiting on the host.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robust

Developer
It can't connect to the SQL server, it is timing out, or gets stuck on it. Honestly not much you can do from your end, gotta wait for the host. If you had root access to the server I could advise further, but if you're using shared hosting that's obviously not a possibility.

BTW, a VPS can be just as cheap as shared hosting, and honestly better. Places like RamNode give these damn cheap and of good quality. If you're interested anyway, a VPS would be advised for anyone. Shared hosting is really useless now with the cheap VPS prices going around.

Sufikation

Participant
It can't connect to the SQL server, it is timing out, or gets stuck on it. Honestly not much you can do from your end, gotta wait for the host. If you had root access to the server I could advise further, but if you're using shared hosting that's obviously not a possibility.

BTW, a VPS can be just as cheap as shared hosting, and honestly better. Places like RamNode give these damn cheap and of good quality. If you're interested anyway, a VPS would be advised for anyone. Shared hosting is really useless now with the cheap VPS prices going around.
I am the only site on the server, its a local guy who does this for me. He just popped in, said its fixed, it worked for like 2 minutes then went back down with the same DB error.

Robust

Developer
Maybe the owner doesn't have it?
With shared hosting it's common.
The owner of the server hosting company doesn't have root access? I don't understand what you mean.

I am the only site on the server, its a local guy who does this for me. He just popped in, said its fixed, it worked for like 2 minutes then went back down with the same DB error.
If he's paying for the entire server (I may be making a speculation way too ahead) then he should have complete access to it.

doubt

Tazmanian
The owner of the server hosting company doesn't have root access? I don't understand what you mean.
I'm not sure that that is the case.

If he's paying for the entire server (I may be making a speculation way too ahead) then he should have complete access to it.
The owner might have only a reseller account on a shared server.