di-0FM8.gif
o.gif
k.gif
exclamation.gif

Interesting...

J.

BrandonSheley

loving life
Good idea guys, I see a few post already ;)
Can't wait to see some of the questions you all ask..lol :ROFLMAO:

Anton Chigurh

Ultimate Badass
May we start a "call out" thread, where we ask someone who hasn't started a thread in that forum, a question(s)?

• Admin

The Sandman

Administrator
May we start a "call out" thread, where we ask someone who hasn't started a thread in that forum, a question(s)?
I was not going to allow this... but on second thought I think it’s okay... as long as the person posting the “call out” has already started an AMA of their own. :)

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Seems like a great way for people to get to know each other...great idea! :D

Alpha1

Administrator
Normally an AMA has an end date because else an AMA will go on for years and be used for unintended purposes. Someone may have time for AMA this month, but not after. Can thread starters close their own thread?

Also: it would be nice to have representatives of popular hosting companies, and popular service providers join in.

And developers of Woltlab and other software.

R0binHood

Habitué
Also: it would be nice to have representatives of popular hosting companies, and popular service providers join in.

And developers of Woltlab and other software.

That’s a good idea, to get some invites sent out

R0binHood

Habitué
Normally an AMA has an end date because else an AMA will go on for years and be used for unintended purposes. Someone may have time for AMA this month, but not after. Can thread starters close their own thread?

Not having an end date, or not ending it too quickly I think is a massive benefit on the forum thread format, vs the reddit format. Otherwise there's only a really small window to get your question in, and if you're a couple of weeks late then you've missed your chance.

Alka Jacob

Neophyte
I was not going to allow this... but on second thought I think it’s okay... as long as the person posting the “call out” has already started an AMA of their own. :)
The option is quite good, it will also allow the the members to post the questions which are relevant to the thread but not posted.