VPS Need thoughts & opinions re: Host4Geeks managed VPS hosting

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
I've just been advised that my current host is closing legacy accounts due to EOL of Centos6:

As such our legacy VPS platforms, which utilize CentOS 6 as the underlying operating system for the hosts, will be shut down when CentOS reaches EOL. Unfortunately, this means your service which is currently on one of our legacy VPS platforms will be automatically canceled after the platform is shutdown.

Found this out earlier this morning. So I'm looking for managed VPS hosting. In a quick hurry as I've got 4 days to find a new hosting service. Any suggestions will be welcome!

Currently looking at Host4Geeks at https://host4geeks.com/managed-vps … Anyone familiar with then. Good, bad, eh?

Let me know your thoughts please. Also alternate suggestions welcome. Budget is around $50-$75/mo

Thanks.

J.

Oldcrow

Enthusiast
I use Contabo Hosting, I have a VPS. I run a IPB forum as a Gaming Arcade, runs me about 30 Euros a month. I have the package and I split it with another arcade forum, we each have our own cPanels

Contabo: https://contabo.com/?show=vps

Horizon

Participant
I just switched my site over to host4geeks a week ago using one of their semi dedicated plans. What a mistake. The migration was messed up, then couldn't access cpanel and now I've had slow loading pages today and 522 errors. Support tickets take up to two hours to get replied to, no live chat or phone support and all their tech support and sales is India based.

I know its not a VPS, but just thought I would share my experience.

They're getting ditched!

Any recommendations for a fully managed, good shared hosting provider with fast support for under £10 a month would be much appreciated.

overcast

Adherent
just check if this hosting is part of the EIG group or not before purchasing.

Chokkol

Aspirant
I see that you have already been advised with many options, among them there are good hosters. But I advise you to take a free trial period and check the quality of the server yourself. You can organize the collection of server statistics according to this instruction host-tracker.com/Blog/server_m So you can verify the reliability of the provider.

Last edited: