Need help with iPhone XS mobile responsive

dihep

Participant
So, the problem I have is really weird.
In android mobile phones, it works properly. My programmer says that he tried with an emulator for iPhones, and it works properly. But for me it doesn't.
I tried clearing all cookies, with any browser in my iPhone (XS), but its all messy.

What problem do I have?
- When I browse the viewtopic page AS A GUEST, everything is looking perfect, as you can see in this image:
Okay, so here everything is good, no problems!

- But when I login, in any account, and i visit the very same viewtopic page, this happens:

*Note: Used opera in this image. But with Safari, Mozila Firefox, and Chrome, it happens exactly the same
As you can see, every user info details (group, gold, warn, blabla) overlaps between each other. Everything is buggy. And this only happens when you're logged in!!!!! and ONLY in Apple devices!! (except Macbook Pro).

This only happens with iPhone 6s, XS, iPad 5th gen. (Couldn't check with more Apple "phony" devices).
In Android Huawei, it works properly in both as a guest and logged in.

My programmer says everything is fine (he doesnt have an iPhone, so he only emulates it) and he shown me images of the emulation, working properly.
Anyone know what happens?

Could someone maybe login in my site with an iPhone and let me know if it happens to him as well?

Thanks

MartyF

Aspirant
It looks to me like a browser issue. It happens to me sometimes in Firefox running on MacOS (but has never happened in Safari). On the odd time it happens I find that closing down the browser completely and restarting it usually cures it. The best way to find out if its just your device or happening to ALL users is to get others to try to emulate it ie same browser, same device, same OS.

dihep

Participant
It looks to me like a browser issue. It happens to me sometimes in Firefox running on MacOS (but has never happened in Safari). On the odd time it happens I find that closing down the browser completely and restarting it usually cures it. The best way to find out if its just your device or happening to ALL users is to get others to try to emulate it ie same browser, same device, same OS.
It happens only in iPhone, in ALL browsers that I have here. Safari, Firefox, chrome and opera.

my mother’s phone (huawei) it’s all good even when I login
What I need is someone to have an iPhone to do a test in my forum (ie: check the forum as a guest, then regístrer, and login and see if in the view topic this bug appears.

thing is my programmer doesn’t know what’s the problem. When he emulates iOS in his computer it works
Si I need to know if more users with iPhone have this problem when they’re logged in my forum

ty

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I can give you some feedback from an iPhone 11 iOS v14.4.

This is what I see when I navigate to your site...

IMG_1097.PNG

I found the cookie acceptance message after scrolling down but the 'Accept' button is either too small for my sized fingers or not working. An attempt to zoom removes the message completely.

Rotate the phone and bottom line with the 'Accept' button disappears.

IMG_1098.PNG

So as things stand I can't get past the cookie acceptance button.

dihep

Participant
I can give you some feedback from an iPhone 11 iOS v14.4.

This is what I see when I navigate to your site...

View attachment 55128

I found the cookie acceptance message after scrolling down but the 'Accept' button is either too small for my sized fingers or not working. An attempt to zoom removes the message completely.

Rotate the phone and bottom line with the 'Accept' button disappears.

View attachment 55129

So as things stand I can't get past the cookie acceptance button.
Hey thanks for the feedback
Press “refresh” page. It should solve this issue.
It’s an ongoing bug that I forgot to address.

if you simply refresh, the message will disappear, and then if you can, try to check as a guest and registrer and if you see my bug in view topic when you login

I would appreciate it a lot
Thanks!

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Press “refresh” page. It should solve this issue.

It did. The next issue I encountered is your CAPTCHA is partially off the screen in both landscape and portrait orientation. Luckily I was able to guess the correct blocks and as you can see from the 2nd image, I can confirm your original issue, the screen capture taken as a logged-in member.

Unfortunately I can't debug it as I don't have the tools but these kind of problems are usually caused by the use of absolute positioning and fixed widths.

[EDIT] It looks like an issue with your 'postbit' (the user information at the head of the post).

IMG_1099.PNG

IMG_1100.PNG

dihep

Participant
It did. The next issue I encountered is your CAPTCHA is partially off the screen in both landscape and portrait orientation. Luckily I was able to guess the correct blocks and as you can see from the 2nd image, I can confirm your original issue, the screen capture taken as a logged-in member.

Unfortunately I can't debug it as I don't have the tools but these kind of problems are usually caused by the use of absolute positioning and fixed widths.

[EDIT] It looks like an issue with your 'postbit' (the user information at the head of the post).

View attachment 55130

View attachment 55131
Thanks, I will note the captcha issue as well, and it is extremely annoying and obviously it needs to be fixed.

as per the iPhone issue, thanks for confirming that you’re having issues as well. I’m also kind of sure that the problem is the info shown above the post, but if you check the very same page as a guest, you will not have that issue.

I will pass the info to my programmer, although he told me last time that he doesn’t know how to fix it because he cannot reproduce the bug by himself. This is why I tried to post here to see if anyone has the knowledge of any brainstorm to know where is the issue here

thank you though! I appreciate it

MartyF

Aspirant
Trying to assist here but can't log in -system keeps telling me password is wrong - I only just created it. But I'll keep trying.

What I can tell you is the Accept link now works :thumb: However as zappaDPJ says above the Captcha appears in the middle of the iPhone screen but is very small and as soon as you touch it to try and enlarge it it moves to the left and is part off the screen making it hard to select the pictures requested.

Anyway, I struggled over that then registered as you requested - now trying to log in to recreate the issue. However, I agree with zappaDPJ I think you may have something adrift in your style sheets. When the site is viewed on a laptop and I minimise it the font size increases - it shouldn't do that. I'd check in your style sheets if it were me.

What software is it? Do they not have a customer forum?

edit : ignore my comment about not logging in - fat finger on small screen syndrome :(. I've just realised what the issue is, the password is slightly different to that which I thought I'd typed - duhhhh. Off tottery and recreate the issue now.

MartyF

Aspirant
Right, recreated it, same issue as the image posted above.

Firefox 31.0, iPhone 11, iOS 14.4

IMO that's a style sheet/layout issue

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
What software is it? Well, I see claims for fcboard.org in the code, I see bits of phpBB 2 theme in there, the URLs all look phpBB-ish... guessing that’s phpBB 2, modded, with a really weird theme mashed on top?

not sure how much help we can be.

dihep

Participant
Thanks both of you, that captcha issue is noted and also regarding the minimize issue. However my main problem here is still that overlap when you’re logged in view topic.php

yes, forum software is phpBB2 highly modified, in its last version prior to not give any further support

MartyF

Aspirant
Thanks both of you, that captcha issue is noted and also regarding the minimize issue. However my main problem here is still that overlap when you’re logged in view topic.php

yes, forum software is phpBB2 highly modified, in its last version prior to not give any further support
As said I suspect it’s a consequence of the code in the style sheets. I’m no coder but when the view is loaded which causes the problem and when one looks at the source code there’s a section in there setting out how it will be rendered on a mobile device. You may want to look at that and make sure it’s as intended. A missing < or { etc can make a world of difference and from experience I know it’s very easy for a coder to accidentally drop off a single digit of html code when copying and pasting.